Japan (1 Viewer)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Yeah. When I went to Japan the vending machines were cool, tried some weird stuff.

The toilets were robotic and cleans your bum.

The women are well....the PEOPLE there tend to like cosplay and wear 12inch heels.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i've never been...but i really really really want to. i only know the japanese phrases learnt in like year seven, so i'd be pretty bad with the language but it seems they're pretty friendly nonetheless. a friend who went said that everyone is 1000 times more polite and quiet than people here, and that you really shouldnt mention age around women, esp older ones because they get quite offended (she really put her foot in it while over there over this issue). plus public displays of affection are not very common (hugging and stuff).

oh and can someone tell me what this phrase means? i heard it somewhere and now cant remember the meaning (sorry for spelling if its wrong)

"ninshinshite imasu" or something. i think it means baby, or pregnant, or something along those lines??? its been bugging me.

buzzcut89

HSC
I can't give you the exact translation, because I don't know what ninshinshite is (or if it is right or whatnot)....

but if it has "imasu" on the end, then it is an action or something that is happening right now (i.e. tabete imasu = eating), so if the phrase has something to do with a baby, then yes it would mean pregnant.

EDIT: Just checked my dictionary. ninshin shite imasu = to be pregnant

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i've never been...but i really really really want to. i only know the japanese phrases learnt in like year seven, so i'd be pretty bad with the language but it seems they're pretty friendly nonetheless. a friend who went said that everyone is 1000 times more polite and quiet than people here, and that you really shouldnt mention age around women, esp older ones because they get quite offended (she really put her foot in it while over there over this issue). plus public displays of affection are not very common (hugging and stuff).

oh and can someone tell me what this phrase means? i heard it somewhere and now cant remember the meaning (sorry for spelling if its wrong)

"ninshinshite imasu" or something. i think it means baby, or pregnant, or something along those lines??? its been bugging me.
Yeh to be pregnant. What a random phrase lol

P

pLuvia

pLuvia said:
Yeh to be pregnant. What a random phrase lol
Also my host brother when I went told me that it is bad manners to speak on a mobile phone on the train for some odd reason. BUT you are allowed to play or text with your phone :confused:

buzzcut89

HSC
It's also bad to sit on the floor of a train. Or eat on a train.

In fact just don't do ANYTHING on a train....

*Minka*

HSC
100yen shops are without QUESTION the best things that ever happened to the world. You don't want to know how much excess luggaga I had when coming back from Japan/Hong Kong. I loved it there though - safe, fun, great nightlife, awesome shopping and Hello Kitty everywhere.

I have been to several Disneylands and Tokyo is amoung my faves!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
omg piccaninny, have a good trip im so envious...

im thinking of going soon... how much do you think someone has to budget? including accom, food, entertainment... so everything minus the actual flight...

dammit, i wanna hit up europe as well, but seems only can go to one place!

P

pLuvia

Have fun ! I'm sure you will enjoy it

100yen shops are without QUESTION the best things that ever happened to the world. You don't want to know how much excess luggaga I had when coming back from Japan/Hong Kong. I loved it there though - safe, fun, great nightlife, awesome shopping and Hello Kitty everywhere.

I have been to several Disneylands and Tokyo is amoung my faves!
haha 100 yen shops, they are like really good, much much much better than our $2 shops lol

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Orange Juice said:

im thinking of going soon... how much do you think someone has to budget? including accom, food, entertainment... so everything minus the actual flight...

dammit, i wanna hit up europe as well, but seems only can go to one place!
i gonna be in Japan for a week, then i'm off to Europe. in japan i plan to spend $3500AUD (accomodation, food and entertainment)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Orange Juice said:

i found that when i was in japan, i spent probaly the same amount of money I would spend here in sydney for a meal, or a night out. so yeah just budget how much u would spend here and u should be fine.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
On the topic of Japan...does anyone, by any chance, know of any cheap phonecards that you can buy there (specifically Osaka) that let's you call Australia with cheap rates? (like the ones you can get here)

My gf is in Japan and says it's really expensive calling on a payphone..

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Minai said:
On the topic of Japan...does anyone, by any chance, know of any cheap phonecards that you can buy there (specifically Osaka) that let's you call Australia with cheap rates? (like the ones you can get here)

My gf is in Japan and says it's really expensive calling on a payphone..
Dude its really cheap for you to call her from here, your better off buying a phone card and calling her if possible. It cost me a fortue when I called my GF when i was tokyo.

Salima

HSC
I'm starting my japanese language course in february. at uni. i hope to get High Destictions so i can get a scholarship to go to japan, so all i have to worry about it saving up my own money for souvaniers and they will pay for the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)