Japanese Beginners huddle (1 Viewer)

rhia

salty
HSC
https://www.nhk.or.jp/lesson/mail/mail2.html

sono foomu wo riyou shitara, NHK wa anata ni chiisa na hon wo okurete ageru. watashi wa, ototoi watashi no wo moratta. hon no naka ni wa, iroiro na yasashii nihongo no ressun ga atte, taihen omoshiroi. chotto yasashisugiru to omou kedo, hon wo yomu no ga tanoshii to omou.

Last edited:

Wackedupwacko

HSC
yep speaking at my school ^^ mwahahah for continuers at least extension is at newtown believe.

tonikaku ima jikoshoukai suru.

boku ha jack to iimasu. hajimemashite. boku no gakkou de 30(cbf typing romajii for that without kanji x.x)nin ga nihongo wo benkyou shite sono naka ni boku wo irete 14nin wa extension wo benkyoshimasu. extension to continuers no course mo owatta kara itsumo jyuugyou de nanimo dekinai kara totemo tsumaranai desu.
etto... ashita wa nihongo to futatsu eigo shiken ga arimasukara (2u Adv : module a and AoS creative writing) korede owarimasu.

yoroshiku ne

sassy_gal

HSC
i do beginners Jap though dist. ed as well...totemo muzukashii to omoimasu~

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
I was going to do Jap beginners but didn't and I deeply regret it. Is the Jap Beginners course at every school "open highschool" as in no teachers, just sheets & tape to learn in your own time?

I know this is a big ask but if it is Open Highschool, is anyone willing to scan and upload the sheets?

rhia

salty
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
I was going to do Jap beginners but didn't and I deeply regret it. Is the Jap Beginners course at every school "open highschool" as in no teachers, just sheets & tape to learn in your own time?

I know this is a big ask but if it is Open Highschool, is anyone willing to scan and upload the sheets?
i doubt that every school's japanese beginners students are schooled through the open high - only those that attend a school that doesn't have a japanese teacher.

if you're keen on learning japanese, you can always borrow borrow, or buy textbooks - including those used by year 11/12 beginners students. what is covered in almost any basic book is what is covered in the beginners course: you can use the syllabus as a guide.

but because you're not studying japanese for the hsc... you should probably not focus on it: you'll need to devote all your time to what you are studying (yes, the hsc sucks).

in addition, there's more than just sheets: there's audio material, etc.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
That's a good idea, I'm going to find a text book or something and start learning in my own time. :)

rhia

salty
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
That's a good idea, I'm going to find a text book or something and start learning in my own time. :)
i just (friendly-ly) heavily emphasise that in the hsc year there's little free time. or, at least that is my experience.

there are a lot of websites that are also good for beginners. here's a few links that have my approval:

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/japanese.html#links_education
http://www.nihongoresources.com/
http://www.guidetojapanese.org/index.html#contents

the latter two are mostly grammar: the first one contains a wealth of links to a variety of pages, etc.

oten (open training and education network, the distance education arm of tafe) offers 'japanese a' via correspondance, which is very similar to preliminary japanese beginners. you might have to pay to do it though, but at least you have some sort of feedback from a teacher, whereas when you are self-learning you do not.

AmenoKitarou

HSC
Helllllp!!!
I used to be very fluent and very good at speaking....but recently my performance has started to drop!!! What should I do???? >_<

P

pLuvia

I'm not sure how the speaking assessments work for Beginners Japanese but for Continuers we are interviewed by the teacher and can be asked any question from self-introduction to future plans. And I basically just memorise the answers to questions, and change it every so often as to add more structure and more sophisticated language.

It seems that Beginners get role playing, do lots of different role playing scenarios practice. Try to anticipate the questions that may be asked for each topic, and make up generic answers/questions to those topics to which you can integrate into any question

Hope that helped

rhia

salty
HSC
AmenoKitarou said:
Helllllp!!!
I used to be very fluent and very good at speaking....but recently my performance has started to drop!!! What should I do???? >_<
practice. become a parrot.

sassy_gal

HSC
pratice is all you can do in speaking...are there any Japanese native speakers that you know? why not set up a time to practice speaking with them, or use sample role plays. Talk to your friends in japanese, talk to pple in msn in Japanese......PRACTICE~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)