Japanese Beginners (1 Viewer)

holy priest

HSC
It was pretty good. Easier than I expected though. But, I'm afraid I might've used too much kanji outside the syllabus and wrote too much.

jd-angel

HSC
yeah, i don't think i did that bad either. some of the listening questions were a bit hard tho coz i didn't understand what they were talking bout, but overall i think i did ok. hope every1 esle did well :)

Last edited:

Estelle

i think i did okay, it wasnt too hard, and yeah i used heaps of kanji out of the syllabus, but thats a good thing!

Which writing question did everyone do?

i did no. 2, about the holiday.

Serenade

Sailor Moon
HSC
I didn't like how that Reading response didn't have any boxes, which meant I needed to control myself in the amount I wrote... >_< The paper was generally quite good though.

I did 2 as well, Estelle. My admiration and respect goes toward those who did No. 3... I avoided that question considering my creativity had already been used up in the Journeys exam, and to write a "story" in Japanese...? T_T

holy priest

HSC
With the beginners syllabus, its better to go for the simple things. Question 2 was easy. I found that the question in the responding to written information about writing the person's original questions kind of... pointless. It sucks that we cant keep our exams [questions] after we finish it though.

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
i did 3 LOL
crap...was it that hard? i was kinda prepared to do some talking about particular person and their lives,
just added a lil about her love for flowers...
guess i stuffed up huh?

Serenade

Sailor Moon
HSC
Densuki said:
i did 3 LOL
crap...was it that hard? i was kinda prepared to do some talking about particular person and their lives,
just added a lil about her love for flowers...
guess i stuffed up huh?
No, that doesn't mean you stuffed up - it just shows that you have a creative mind which hasn't burnt out after English, and that it's carried out even in a foreign language... You are one brave soul... *hands you a medal* Any other Question 3 takers who wish to confess and thus receive their honourable prize?

Holy Priest: Yea, it's sad... And I think Languages is one of the only thingies where you can't take your exam papers out? :(

And for that uniform question, I just regurgitated everything, and then wasted three of four lines worth of ink making as many assumptions of Emma's questions - hey, they can't take off marks for meandering... Can they...? T_T

holy priest

HSC
Nope, its their fault for asking a stupid question like that. Imagine if the marker is a beginners only teacher that doesnt know much extra kanji or structures =O I reckon a lot of people would get screwed by that. I used ~nagara, and if they dont get that, then it'll be a whole lotta bullshit. But the chances of a marker like that existing prolly would be... low or next to impossible, hopefully...

Question 3 just requires too much extra thinking of concept etc. I mean I tried something creative for my yearly speech and it was.. difficult to say the least. Kudos to those that tried though.

Serenade

Sailor Moon
HSC
I'm pretty sure that most of the markers should be well-educated in the language, and are competent to mark things beyond than just the Beginners. However, they'd have to know the syllabus *really* well...

~nagara is a good one to use... Man, I should've stuck in more redundant/irrelevant stuff! I was trying to mentally tick off the structure in the syllabus before going beyond... >_> Ah, the limitations of the Beginners course... T_T

holy priest

HSC
It is good to use extra structures, but I didnt really want to use harder ones like ~eba and such just in case I got the usage wrong. I mean, how much extra can you use before they get suspicious of you being a continuers student.

Serenade

Sailor Moon
HSC
Apparently a few people have gotten into trouble from the past because they were suspected of being non-Beginners, simply because they used too much kanji/vocab/structures/etc... It's quite a sad thought... T_T

Anyways, I hope I didn't do too badly in Japanese... It's like, the only 2 substantial units I've got... ^_^;

holy priest

HSC
I know what you mean. Its like the only 2 units that I have where I expect to do well. From the looks of it, youre prolly gonna do well. Its just the rest of the exams to worry about now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)