Japanese in the Future (1 Viewer)

Sweet Saz

HSC
I was just wondering how many of you actually plan to use your Japanese in the future? Either as part of a job, further study at University, or in any other way.

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Definitely. My dream Uni course at the moment would be a double-major in Japanese and Organic Chemistry. MMMMM. Interpreting would be demanding, but something to aspire to with any language..so that could be a possibility if I have the work ethic.

Anyone else?

kkewi90

MUAHAHHAHAA~~
HSC
im planning to continue studying japanese in uni but not so sure what im gna do with it in the future....watch more drama & anime? LOL

chochang

*Arashi*
HSC
OF COURSE! :wave:
I plan to enter uni in 2009 and major in Japanese Studies the the Bachelor of Arts course...
Hopefully I'll get to exchange in Japan......
Hmm..My dream is to work in Japan one day :)
日本語が大好き。。
花より男こも大好き。。
でも。。
松本潤が大大すき!

Platinum

HSC
Plan on using it hopefully within a Double Commerce/Law degree. I think Sydney Uni has a major something like Japanese Business, which could combine passion for Japanese and Business together ^.^. Also want to learn Chinese too....but looks hard!! But yeah since I like Japanese, might as well keep pursuing it!!!

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
If you're interested in Business or the media it can be very handy career wise. But some people just find learning new languages an exciting process.

Otherwise it's awsm for dramas :eek:

James747

HSC
Not sure and haven't really thought bout it. Maybe use it to meet Jap ppl. =P

Akeru

Rain maker
HSC
Going to study more japanese and chinese @ uni definitely, then put it to good use with something business-related i think. :)

rhia

salty
HSC
Re: Japanese in the Futurem

i used the japanese i learned from the hsc course and self-studying to get a job at a sushi bar. subsequently i got a japanese boyfriend.

and next year, or failing that the year after, i'll study japanese at university.

and we'll see what after then.

honeyandlemon

HSC

i want to go to japan on exchange next year (if i can afford it), then hopefully settle somewhere around cairns or somewhere else up north as a dietitian where I can hopefully use my japanese as well as working with indigenous health...

also would love to learn russian, i think its a really nice sounding language and seems fairly easy... hopefully it wont take as long as japanese to master...

you can do a course called tefl or tesol which qualifies you to teach overseas (ur not allowed to in australia) as a teaching english as a foreign language teacher

would love to do that in japan but unfortunately to get a working visa there you need a university degree... like thats not prejudicial at all

uhawww

Flakes
HSC

honeyandlemon said:
i want to go to japan on exchange next year (if i can afford it), then hopefully settle somewhere around cairns or somewhere else up north as a dietitian where I can hopefully use my japanese as well as working with indigenous health...

also would love to learn russian, i think its a really nice sounding language and seems fairly easy... hopefully it wont take as long as japanese to master...

you can do a course called tefl or tesol which qualifies you to teach overseas (ur not allowed to in australia) as a teaching english as a foreign language teacher

would love to do that in japan but unfortunately to get a working visa there you need a university degree... like thats not prejudicial at all
I really wouldn't want to be taught by someone who is uneducated.

edit: err wait you mean working in general? What's your source? I wasn't even aware of that, and I know people over there who don't have a degree (although these are people in their 30s) :s Is it recent?

edit2: "A university degree or considerable professional experience in the applicable field is required to qualify for a working visa."

Last edited:

honeyandlemon

HSC

um i got it from an australian government site, but yeah work experience would probably work.... im not sure, i dont know anyone living in japan i just saw it on that australian government site and it said korea and taiwan are the same... im not sure though

anyone have any tips on being able to get a working visa in japan in a gap year before uni? i do want to go to uni but not straight after school, maybe when im 21? cos then u get bonus uai points too :)

writer'sblock

HSC
Hoping for a B.Intn. Stud. UNSW, resulting in an job..... preferably international. Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, London, New York or Frankfurt offices I hope; the world of business finance is too large for me to know at this point. English and Japanese are almost prerequisites for jobs in Asia in the field of finance, finance journalism et cetera. Noing my luck I'll get a crap UAI and have to do a B.A./B.Sc.; waste 5 years of my life before international studies. Depressing.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
writer'sblock said:
Hoping for a B.Intn. Stud. UNSW, resulting in an job..... preferably international. Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, London, New York or Frankfurt offices I hope; the world of business finance is too large for me to know at this point. English and Japanese are almost prerequisites for jobs in Asia in the field of finance, finance journalism et cetera. Noing my luck I'll get a crap UAI and have to do a B.A./B.Sc.; waste 5 years of my life before international studies. Depressing.
A b.int studies won't get you much further in that field than just a B.Arts with a major in a language or two really...

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
writer'sblock said:
BA/BSci at UNSW is 4 years, not 5.

And plus, you can always do a geniune arts degree in your first year and then transfer after 2nd year. You can completely mock the B.Intl Studies in your first year arts degree and have a full credit transfer in your 2nd year, so you have wasted no time. :)

That's what I wanted to do... but then I found out about the politics and history... eeekk......

shinelover

HSC
i'm planning on doing further studies~~ perhaps in uni (tho i'm planning on doing BSc (Nutrition) @ USYD (hopefully i get in XD) i dunno if i can pick japanese to do...if not...i'll find some other place to do further study~ i plan on becoming a teacher at AISHK...teaching science...and perhaps japanese so yeh XD being able to teach several subjects would give me an advantage at being picked for the job XD! (knowing several languages also help in some way for other jobs...jobs other than teaching that is XD)

i just really wanna continue studying japanese as i love it so much ^_^~~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)