japanese students 2006 [+korean] (1 Viewer)

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
bubz :D said:
grrr! o-namae wa?

*tries to picture someone from the same tute last sem...*
kevin. anata wa?

babydoll_ said:
HOORAY FOR JAPN2500 readings

bah my tute is on monday
yeah had mine today too, are you 10am? Was mainly introductory stuff so was fairly easygoing. But how hard do all the assessments look?? A lot of writing to do

The readings weren't as bad as i assumed they would be ... i kept looking at sentences out of context so it must have appeared 10x more complex. Some parts of the course look interesting, eg. post-war Japan, the kawaii stuff, popular culture, the Aum/Tokyo subway stuff etc.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
my tute was at 1pm... going to do tute presentation on 1990's japan and aum tokyo gas attacks etc. sounds interesting

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
kevin-san?? gah i think i did the intro in the s-tute with you! were you sitting next to someone called ken? unless there's another kevin-san in our tute.

oh and tonight's 6-8 t-tute.. who kept looking at me?? :confused:
btw yoshida sensei is weird... i was lost throughout most of the two hours, and early mark, wtf! we still ended up leaving at 8pm, which is later than what a normal class finishes :p

~sora~

HSC
N/A
bubz :D said:
btw yoshida sensei is weird... i was lost throughout most of the two hours, and early mark, wtf! we still ended up leaving at 8pm, which is later than what a normal class finishes :p
Yeah I know :S, I wish she went through the grammar stuff rather than doing pair-work most of the time. I wish we had Akahane-sensei or Fukui-sensei, they both went into detail about the grammar in tuts, which helped alot. Pair-work is good, but I thought the bigger classes dealt with more grammar and stuff and do more interactive stuff in the smaller class :confused: . Also that workbook exercise was a total wast of time imho.

Though Iida-sensei's lecture seems good so far, well at least I felt that it was more informative than 1A or 1B, in terms of grammar.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
mmm yeah i completely agree about the tute... most of the lesson was a complete waste of time - all the circling/triangling the kanji at the beginning, the workbook exercise... and yoshida sensei seemed to spend much longer on new kanji than other senseis have.

also, we'd only just learnt about "no de" stuff in the lecture beforehand - she barely elaborates on it (which is what you're meant to do, in a tute) before expecting us to start connecting sentences together. sally and i were both lost, i was relying on my chinese kanji and getting intimidated by the rest of the class' amazing grammar skills... and praying she wouldn't call on us :p

yeah i had akahane and fukui sensei last year and both of them were great. i loved the way they explained things and drew nice diagrams on the board that made the grammar sooo much easier to understand...

~sora~

HSC
N/A
Oh yeah, I complete forgot about the kanji circling and triangling stuff, that was so useless... Wtf was that good for anyhow, something you should do by yourself anyhow, since it's assumed knowledge. Yeah she did spend way too long on the kanji.

Yeah, she didn't elaborate on the node stuff at all, I guess she thought that circling and triangling skills are really important to Japanese or something :p. And expected us to know node off the top of our head even though we just learnt it before class :|. I also miss the diagrams by Akahane-sensei :(, I saw her today, she's always so happy ^^.

Sally's suggestion at the end of the class seems really good maybe we should do it.

Last edited:

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
has anyone else ended up doing less work so far than last year cos there are no set workbook exercises?

oh and intro to japanese studies ... first critique we write is on the fattest readings yet :sleep:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)