Java Problems (1 Viewer)

kyliej

rOcKiN PuMpKiN
HSC
N/A
In about a weeks time I am about to start my project and it has to be written in java. The problem is I don't fully understand java. I have tried so hard and still I really don't get it. If anyone has any notes on it, i'd be greatful if you posted them. Thanks

sunny

meh.
HSC
Very few schools do java. If you have any specific questions, feel free to post. I and many here can help with java :)

acidicFury

Yes,
people aren't going to spoon feed you information. What specifically don't you understand?

Freedom_Dragon

The 36th Dragon
HSC
N/A
dude,
go to Parramatta and get urself a copy of JAVA 2 for only $10, its heaps good. Normally they would sell is for $30-40 but, its a special sale. Its got codes in there that might help give ideas n stuff.
Go buy it b4 its too late. Book sale near Dymocks.

Winston

HSC
kyliej, maybe i could assist you, since i'm doing java in uni now, and i wouldn't mind lending a lend a hand, as it helps to improve on my skills.
PM me.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
winston - do u hardcode or do u have programs to help u?
Do you mean, do i rely on the IDE to generate code for me, as opposed to using a Text Editor to code? I just use notepad. But when i get lazy i use the IDE.

habibsta_04

i'm doing java this year too, but as luck would have it my software teacher doesnt know much java.(ex chem teacher)

so if anyone has any notes on how to read and write files using java i would be gratefull

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by habibsta_04
i'm doing java this year too, but as luck would have it my software teacher doesnt know much java.(ex chem teacher)

so if anyone has any notes on how to read and write files using java i would be gratefull
i could help... but have you programmed before?

habibsta_04

yeah i had to do a dice guessing game for my first assesment task

but i cant understand how to make a java program read, write and access the net to retrive links of webpages
i read the java.sun tutorial but it confused the hell out of me
i still have ages before the assignment is due but some notes on this topic would be helpful

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by sunny
read up on java.io.BufferedReader.
Ahuh and don't forget to read up about "Throwing an IOException"

Originally posted by fatmuscle
yeah, what is a common IDE that people use?
Pedgogic IDE wise would be Blue J, it's simple for beginners and it also supports UML

Professional IDE wise would be either JBuilder from Borland, you can download a free version from www.borland.com

or there's also Eclipse, which i'm using for java right now.

fatmuscle

HSC
lol bluej!

Winston, u keep going on the way u are now, and you'll make an IT manager in no time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)