Jeffery Deaver novels, anyone? (1 Viewer)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC

The Empty Chair
The Bone Collector

.. the only ones I've read... really good series. Right now am on The Vanished Man.

Anyone else read Deaver?

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
Deaver rocks!

Read every single one!

I love the Lincoln Rhyme series! Oh Amelia Sachs! :)

I reckon he was the daddy of CSI

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
love mr d!!! has anyone read twisted? its a collection of his short stories...i highly recommend it 2 anyone! it really helped me with Ext2english. Vanished man is good...lots of nice and juicy twists..hehhe. "super katie" - the book is always better than the movie!!!

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I've only read the Bone Collector, but yesterday I had a look on the net and found that he has a whole lot of novels, so I might read him soon.
I reckon he's a pretty good writer, but I make that assumption based on only one book.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
The Empty Chair is better than the Bone Collector. ive only read the two, so i cant speak for the rest. Empty Chair was brilliant. I reccommend you get reading! I was shocked by how many twists there were! There was so much, and they were all great!

Id like to see Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie pair up for an adpatation of this. That would be so sweet.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
He rocks :D

I've read The Bone Collector, The Stone Monkey, The Coffin Dancer and The Vanished Man - all part of the Lincoln Rhyme collection. I can never find a copy of The Empty Chair, which is sort of getting to me :p

Serpentia

yer I read the empty chair because I needed to read a crime fiction book for extension english and I found it quite interesting, however the plot twists got a little to over the top and I hated that wheel chair dude, he seemed like a pathetic whinger to me.

he doesn't write with a great deal of depth, it does not stand up as good literacy. While it is good for crime fiction, that is all that it is, it doesn't have...... textual integrity nor does it make me want to read more of his stuff.

It does, however, go beyond the generic form of crime fiction, some of it was clever indeed.

for crime fiction I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of ten

as a novel I'd give it a 4 or 5

TooF

Jeffrey Deaver rocks!
I've read bone collector, the empty chair, the blue nowhere, the coffin dancer and the vanished man.

The bone collector was undoubtedly the best and then, maybe the blue nowhere. I didn't like vanished man... it was over the top. but yeah, its all good. I only started reading them for ext eng, but found that they were really good :D I'm definitely using Deaver's books for exams.

Doing a representation task, concentrating on forensics, lincoln rhyme and amelia sachs. Anyone with any ideas on the characters and why people are so interested in forensics? There's absolutely no analysis on the web :S

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
hehe as always i have to say that the books vary each time, usually worse because he uses the same predictable conventions and techniques, which i guess is the whole point of the study but it gets repetitive. blue nowhere didn't go far enough in terms of character development in my mind, i still think bone collector is the best so far, then vanished man because it uses different criminal techniques that are unusual

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)