thoughts, comments?

it's good there can be no spoilers 'cause it's running at same time as US

think it's really good sofar

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I liked the background actors.

'Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, WE'VE BEEN BOMBED'!

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
I love this show, or whatever it is. Its really good. I liked it :D

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I quite enjoyed it to, deficiently a good idea and premise for an excellent show. I hope it takes off and receives good ratings. I also like the fact that it is syndication airing. :D

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
I wanted to watch but I missed it. whats its about?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Jericho:

A small Kansas town is thrown into chaos after a nuclear disaster cuts off all power and communication with the outside world.
http://www.tv.com/jericho-2006/pilot/episode/723078/summary.html said:
After a nuclear disaster caused by several terrorist attacks wipes out most of North America, residents of a small Kansas town have to come to terms with a very different reality.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I have to say, it was a breath of fresh air, especially given the networks' current fixation on forensic sciences. CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: New York, Crossing Jordan, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Bones, Cold Case, The Closer, Criminal Minds and NCIS are all prime-time shows of the genre and it just gets annoying, not to mention macarbe. One or two, I can handle (Criminal Minds isn't too bad because it's about behavioural analysis which we're touching on in my degree), but ten? They're just boring, the characters are as sterile as their workplaces and they're poorly written.

There's three things that make a show decent: crisp plotting, tight dialogue and big emotion. Jericho is the first new show I've seen with anything close to nailing it since 2002.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Havn't seen it, probably watch the re-run tonight as I'm sick :(

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
In terms of overall storytelling, Lost is fairly poor as it concentrates too much on the bigger picture with virtually no shorter story arcs, resulting in people losing interest. I don't think Jericho will become like Abrams' series though the premise is similar, especially in terms of character development. Jake is the only character with a past that can really be explored. I think Jreicho will evolve into a classic "everyman's" tale in that all the cahracters are "everymen" - people who have been thrown into a situation that they have no experience in (ie a possible war) and have to use their heads to survive. Lost, on the other hand, has everymen, but their pasts play too much of a role in the story to make them everymen. The purpose of an everyman is that s/he could be anyone - Jake could be a plumber, a teacher, a racing driver and regardless of what he was, it wouldn't affect the story. On the other hand, the characters of Lost has apaprently been selected for something.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
bazookajoe said:
I like the plot, but the acting is awful
I missed it because the tv guide was wrong but I downloaded it and watched it today. The first thing I noticed was the awful acting but the idea seems good so I'll watch it next week.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
More lame acting last night. Still, the African-American dude is shaping up to be an interesting character, even moreso than Jake (but only because there's been more that's hinted at about Mr. Hawkins).

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah, the acting is lame, but the premise for the show is pretty good. i like it. however, im not rivetted enough by it to watch religiously - eg i skipped it tonight in favour of msn.
but, still. it's interesting and vaguely thought provoking and well paced, and thats about all i ever ask of nighttime tv, lol. :D

lalala trip

HSC
The acting is lame, and i especially hate that emma bitch...that blonde chick always seems to be upset and running off and crying jesus are we meant to feel sorry and fall in love with her vulnerability...fuck that. Its turning out interesting though...i dont think it will turn out as violent as maybe John Marsdens "Tomorrow when the war began series" even though its a similar situation.

ronaldinho

Banned
HSC
its good.. its similar to a book.. i forgot the name.. written by some marsden fellow///

yeah thats it.. 2morrow wen da war began

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I have to say, the only really intersting character is Mr. Hawkins, the black dude, mostly because he knows more than he lets on and is a much better liar than Jake. He'd be cooler if he wasn't the same as Shepherd Book, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)