JMP Interview offers 2014 (1 Viewer)

Ernesto

HSC
N/A
I saw that you live in Newcastle - does that count as being rural? If yes, then yes you should expect an interview. If not, it might be hard to snag one this year, sorry :(
Last year I did receive a letter and my results were as follows:

General Score Score Section 1 Score Section 2 Score Section 3 General Percentile
UMAT 2013 175 68 58 53 86

That's why I was being hopeful this year, despite the difference in Section 1.

MiseryParade

HSC
OMG GOT A LETTER AAAAAAAAAAH SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW :) :) :)
1st interview offer :')
standard nsw applicant - non rural
S1 - 61
Wooo, grats! Your S1 makes me so very hopeful, since we have the same score :) :)

@ Ernesto - Newcastle offers are determined based on your S1 score, provided you got over 50 in all three sections. Your S1 last year was very strong (cutoff for 2014 entry was 59), hence your interview offer, but I think your S1 this year is a little low. Sorry. :( Best to wait until the end of next week to see if you do get an interview, and if you don't get one, call the uni up and ask them to check your details in case you missed out by mistake.

go_cadel

HSC
What does the form mention about booking interview times? I'm not at home so haven't seen the form yet.

noodle

HSC
Interview offer: Yes!!!
ATAR: predicted 98
UMAT: s1 56 s2 54 s3 83 97%tile
Rural: Yes

Ernesto

HSC
N/A
Wooo, grats! Your S1 makes me so very hopeful, since we have the same score :) :)

@ Ernesto - Newcastle offers are determined based on your S1 score, provided you got over 50 in all three sections. Your S1 last year was very strong (cutoff for 2014 entry was 59), hence your interview offer, but I think your S1 this year is a little low. Sorry. :( Best to wait until the end of next week to see if you do get an interview, and if you don't get one, call the uni up and ask them to check your details in case you missed out by mistake.
Yeah. I was thinking that too. I'll cross my fingers until the end of next week. Otherwise, better luck for next year.

georgela

HSC
N/A
Just got an offer! S1 63. However im kind of worried that i received an interview in Armadale despite putting Newcastle as first preference! Does that mean I was ranked at the bottom of the cohort and have less chance of getting accepted into the Newcastle course? How does preferential system work?!

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
! ! ! grats! Could you post your:
- UMAT score (all sections please)
- ATAR/GPA
- Interstate
- Rural/indigenous

I'm jealous. :( Fingers crossed!
Good luck! I'm pretty sure I can't get in anyway because of my GPA.

Ummm 67, 69, 63 I think? S1 definitely was 67 and total was 199, 98th %ile.
GPA: 4ish - sydney doesn't use GPA so I don't have confirmation but pretty sure it's too low to get an offer anyway thanks to first year (five bloody years ago ugh)
Sydney so not interstate or rural.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Just got an offer! S1 63. However im kind of worried that i received an interview in Armadale despite putting Newcastle as first preference! Does that mean I was ranked at the bottom of the cohort and have less chance of getting accepted into the Newcastle course? How does preferential system work?!
Apparently the interview system is just a ballot-style system or they send certain types of applicants to the different campuses. As in the interview has no bearing whatsoever on actual enrolment location. Don't worry - my S1 was 67 and I'm at Armidale too when newcastle was my first option.

justmitch

HSC
Offer: yes!!!!! (armidale)
ATAR/GPA: 85.85(2010) 5.73 (3rd yr biomed @ UNE)
UMAT: 56-52-58 (74%ile)

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

callipygian

HSC
do they send all the offers out at once? I'm a non-rural, s1 of 65, but I live in Sydney and didn't get anything in the post :/ did I miss out on an interview, or will I have to wait until Monday to find out?

but yay congrats to those with offers!! :D

Last edited:

MiseryParade

HSC
do they send all the offers out at once? I'm a non-rural, s1 of 65, but I live in Sydney and didn't get anything in the post :/ did I miss out on an interview, or will I have to wait until Monday to find out?

but yay congrats to those with offers!! :D
They send out all the offers at once, but they'll reach different people at different rates depending on where you live. I live in Sydney and haven't gotten anything yet, so fingers crossed and waiting for Monday...

Grats everyone with offers! :) Do you get to book your interview time immediately, or do you have to wait like UWS?

georgela

HSC
N/A
Apparently the interview system is just a ballot-style system or they send certain types of applicants to the different campuses. As in the interview has no bearing whatsoever on actual enrolment location. Don't worry - my S1 was 67 and I'm at Armidale too when newcastle was my first option.
ahh thank you so much for placating my concerns!! Ive been praying for newcastle for a while now but if the interview location has no bearing on which campus you get into then im somewhat relieved lol

scradimus

HSC
looks like most people who have gotten offers have so for UNE? I personally haven't received an offer yet (with a S1 of 63 and 50+ in all 3 sections) so maybe offers for the University of Newcastle will come later?

BlugyBlug

HSC
Yes. Too bad it's in UNE, a 4.5 hour drive. Not complaining though! S1 score was 77.

justmitch

HSC
One of my friends got s1 63 (96%ile overall) and has a 6.6 GPA(finished biomed). She lives in QLD so does that mean she will be offered an interview in a later interview offer round because she is an interstate applicant?

P.s. she hasn't received an offer yet o_O

dongkeykong

HSC
Wah why do they have to send it out by mail?!

I should have put in a different mailing address because there are two streets with basically the same name in my suburb :'(
I think my interview letter may have been sent to that address as I haven't got it yet. I will probably call UoN on Monday to ask if I was offered an interview (can you even do that????)

I'm a school leaver, and my umat was s1:80 s2:56 s3:60

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)