Job Opportunities in International/Commerce (1 Viewer)

ellie95

HSC
N/A
Hey Everyone,

As title says: I want to study International Studies/Commerce

I would like to know how are the job opportunities in this field?

Thanks

Last edited:

ellie95

HSC
N/A
As part of International Studies, I have to learn a language so I have decided chinese.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
As part of International Studies, I have to learn a language so I have decided chinese.
Your job opportunities are likely to come more from your Commerce major with your additional language/international studies giving you a bit of differentiation from the other candidates. Of course there are exceptions such as jobs which mandate Chinese (e.g. working for a Chinese company/firm/subsidiary/etc) but for the most part, it's probably just something extra.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Your job opportunities are likely to come more from your Commerce major with your additional language/international studies giving you a bit of differentiation from the other candidates. Of course there are exceptions such as jobs which mandate Chinese (e.g. working for a Chinese company/firm/subsidiary/etc) but for the most part, it's probably just something extra.
This^ the international studies degree doesn't add much as people think, you'll be basically facing people who have a commerce degree with NATIVE Chinese(and trust me,it's not hard to find them),it's not a bad thing to have, but the jobs are pretty much focused on your commerce major,studying international relations or business isn't something that gives as much leverage as your commerce degree, it's just something additional like a language and to extend your degree.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)