job prospects for aeronautical engineering... (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Majesty
It's quite easy to see that if you do one of the other popular fields such as Commerce you can open up your newspaper and be guaranteed to find jobs. Generally Australia blows for science/engineering and now IT.
i don't get what u mean- so ru saying job prospects are crap as well? :confused:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ferrero
i was accepted by commerce/engineering, it does not specify the engineering degree. that's why the engineering decision is still hanging in the air.
are you in your second year??
ahh...ok, yeah, i'm in first year this year- and i'm doing the flexible stream this year at sydney uni. this means that i won't have to make a choice as to what engineering that i wanna do- until the end of this year. :)

Ferrero

Originally posted by freaking_out
ahh...ok, yeah, i'm in first year this year- and i'm doing the flexible stream this year at sydney uni. this means that i won't have to make a choice as to what engineering that i wanna do- until the end of this year. :)
can i just go and say i wanna take the flexible entry when i do the enrolment??
would you do less subjects when you choose flexible entry?? i mean if i choose aeronautical eng in the first year and you choose in the second year, then i might ahead of you a bit, right??
what do you know about advanced eng program?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
can i just go and say i wanna take the flexible entry when i do the enrolment??
would you do less subjects when you choose flexible entry?? i mean if i choose aeronautical eng in the first year and you choose in the second year, then i might ahead of you a bit, right??
what do you know about advanced eng program?
so what uni. r u in? i'm assuming at USYD...

but yeah, u can ask them to let u in the flexible stream- i did that coz, i'm really undecided as u can c....but yeah, if u enter in the second year, u will b a bit behind (1 subject maybe), but then again, u would b ahead in your commerce degree. :)

as for advanced engineering- all i know is that u gotta get an invitation from the dean for that...and the dean only invite ppl. who get 98+ uai.

Majesty

HSC
N/A
i don't get what u mean- so ru saying job prospects are crap as well? :confused:
Basically in comparison to other fields i would say yes. Just my opinion though, initially i wanted to do Engineering too, then decided maybe i'd be better off with IT. Then came to the conclusion that they both generally suck and commerce/business was the way to go.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Basically in comparison to other fields i would say yes. Just my opinion though, initially i wanted to do Engineering too, then decided maybe i'd be better off with IT. Then came to the conclusion that they both generally suck and commerce/business was the way to go.
well i wanna choose a decent engineering stream and hopefully my science degree will back me up as well. :)

Ferrero

so what uni. r u in? i'm assuming at USYD...

but yeah, u can ask them to let u in the flexible stream- i did that coz, i'm really undecided as u can c....but yeah, if u enter in the second year, u will b a bit behind (1 subject maybe), but then again, u would b ahead in your commerce degree. :)

as for advanced engineering- all i know is that u gotta get an invitation from the dean for that...and the dean only invite ppl. who get 98+ uai.
i am going to usyd. i don't think there're other unis in syd offering commerce/engineering double degree.
i went to usyd today and was told to get the enrolment done tomorrow. i have got the uai for 98+ but i did not have the invitation?? you have got 10 subjects in the first year, right?? do you know how many credit points are the maximum??
thanks for your help

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i am going to usyd. i don't think there're other unis in syd offering commerce/engineering double degree.
i went to usyd today and was told to get the enrolment done tomorrow. i have got the uai for 98+ but i did not have the invitation?? you have got 10 subjects in the first year, right?? do you know how many credit points are the maximum??
thanks for your help
na, unsw, UTS as well as others offer that double degree....yeah, thats what i heard- if u wanna do advanced engineering, u need to get an invitation. also they reccommend u to do no more than 52 credit points. :)

Ferrero

i know unsw is offering a Beng/Mcom double degree, but actually the master of commerce degree is just a piece of paper. would you consider a 1 year master degree be more competitive than the 3 years bachelor degree?? i asked the professor in unsw once and he said there will be one soon.
i did the enrolment today, and i chose mechatronics eng rather than aeronautical one after a thoughtful consideration i guess. anyway, the decision has been made.
i was allowed to do the Dean's project (advanced engineering program), and i have a 2-week test time, that means i can decide the subjects within 2 weeks after uni starts.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I thought you have to do a Bachelor degree before you did a Masters degree, as a Bachelor degree is an undergraduate degree and a Masters degree is a postgraduate degree:confused:.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
I thought you have to do a Bachelor degree before you did a Masters degree, as a Bachelor degree is an undergraduate degree and a Masters degree is a postgraduate degree:confused:.
yeah, that as well. :p

Ferrero

Originally posted by Merethrond
you do need a bachelor degree but it does not have to be the related one.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Anyone know the job prospects in Aus and/or USA for Aerospace eng? work at nasa? lockheed martin making weapons or spacecraft? area 51? (whoops went too far :p)

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
Anyone know the job prospects in Aus and/or USA for Aerospace eng? work at nasa? lockheed martin making weapons or spacecraft? area 51? (whoops went too far :p)
You could be employed to create WMDs :D

Majesty

HSC
N/A
"masters" sounds better than "bachelor". :p
Yeah it sounds, but that's about it.
I fail to see how a one year Masters can cover the material that is usually taught in a 3 year Bachelors.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Yeah it sounds, but that's about it.
I fail to see how a one year Masters can cover the material that is usually taught in a 3 year Bachelors.
well maybe when ur a graduate ur way smarter- and hence u can cover 3 years in 1. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)