Jobs + HSC help (1 Viewer)

Rohanco

HSC
I'm currently doing the HSC this year full time at TAFE, at the same time I'm completely broke. I can't even afford my own train ticket to TAFE, and I hate asking for money from my Parents.

Needless to say I'd really like to be earning some form of an income at the moment, but I'm really not sure I'd have the time while I'm studying. So far I've found HSC at TAFE alot more difficult than it was at school, with less frequent and much longer classes (subject classes are usually 3 - 5 hrs long and only appear on my timetable once or twice a week) I have to leave home before 7am, and I don't get home until 6pm most days, except for Thursday where I finish at 9:30pm!! I usually take it upon myselft to do atleast 2 or 3 hours of study a night, and on the weekends a little bit more.

So basically my question is, should I look at getting a job? Or should I suck it up and accept the fact that I'm going to have to remain poor for 2012. I feel terrible taking money from my parents every time I need a new text book, or food or whatever. Are there any types of jobs out there (anything) that offer just the one shift a week kind of thing??

Last edited:

Gigacube

HSC
Have you considered applying for Youth Allowance? Hopefully you'll be eligible for this as you'll probably earn more than doing a shift a week.

loaves

HSC
Try to find a flexible casual job like tutoring, babysitting, gardening for neighbours, etc. Even if you only work a few hours a week, that should still cover you necessities (if you don't pay rent).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)