JobSearch website (1 Viewer)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Looking at the jobs on this site, some of them would be really good, but the trouble is that for most of the jobs, you need a job network card to apply. But you have to be receiving money from Centrelink to have one of these cards, right? Does this mean there is no way that I can apply for these jobs? Seems a bit unfair that they would only let people getting money from Centrelink (dole bludgers!! = P) apply for these jobs. So yeah...can someone explain this whole job network card bullshit to me? Thanks :)

G

Gavvvvvin

yenta said:
Looking at the jobs on this site, some of them would be really good, but the trouble is that for most of the jobs, you need a job network card to apply. But you have to be receiving money from Centrelink to have one of these cards, right? Does this mean there is no way that I can apply for these jobs? Seems a bit unfair that they would only let people getting money from Centrelink (dole bludgers!! = P) apply for these jobs. So yeah...can someone explain this whole job network card bullshit to me? Thanks :)
Im part of this job networking thingy....Im pretty sure that all of the jobs on the site are just taken from other sources anyway like Seek, so its pretty useless. Well I think thats what the dude said whos explained it to me, I wasnt listening :p

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Lol, but I have looked on all the other websites like seek and careerone, and they are all different to jobsearch's. Meh I'm confused

Dammit

as long as your not studying full time u can get a job network card, just go to centrelink. u dont need to be receiving a payment from centrelink.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
so you just get a job network card from centrelink..hopefully get a job..and then when you go to uni you have to tell centrelink and they'll take the card off you..but you've still got the job.....yeh?

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
em_516 said:
so you just get a job network card from centrelink..hopefully get a job..and then when you go to uni you have to tell centrelink and they'll take the card off you..but you've still got the job.....yeh?
A job network card is so that you can register with employment agencies such as Joblink, Best and Jobs Australia. etc.

And yes, pretty much.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Resurrecting this thread cos i'm in the same situation... i found a heap of good jobs i want to apply for in that jobsearch site, but when i rang up a place (it was a job agency thing) they told me to fax them a resume with my job seeker ID/card thing. i said, "isn't that for people who aren't students?" and the woman said, "yes, people who aren't currently studying or working can get a job seeker ID/card from centrelink". then i said, "but I'm a full-time uni student" and she said, "well sorry, this is a job agency that deals with applications through centrelink" blablabla.

is there anyway around applying for that job without having a job seeker ID/card (since i can't get one cos im doing uni full-time) ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)