John Brogden- the NSW premier that never was. (1 Viewer)

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
srsly, John Brogden should be the NSW premier at this moment in time....the media fucked him over for no apparent reason. who cares if he called carr's wife a mail order bride.....get over it.

the media is just as much to blame for the position NSW is currently in as are the voters of this once great state.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I never liked the current government either, but the moment any person makes a public statement like calling someones wife a mail order bride, their reputation is cast into doubt. People will want to rethink whether they want to put their vote into such as person.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
young liberals are to blame for that one

thanks YLs

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
dude no, it was an epic call imo

bob carr was a piece of shit and his wife is mail order

the nail in his coffin was tapping the azz of some left wing journalist. that was his downfall. that and then attempting to remedy the situation with a failed suicide attempt, lol fail.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
YLs made him proposition a journalist and call Carr's wife a mail order bride?

Also remember that he did get to contest an election and lost it in a landslide.

While I do think he would have made a good premier (especially compared to what we are stuck with), he only has himself to blame.

Lentern

HSC
Brogden is one of those reassuring figures we could look to and think "could have been worse." The unpopularity of NSW labor is not derived from any abhorent fault in the party but that the government is so old. It is stale and was rescued by the gross incomptence of Peter Debnam as a politician last election. When people begin to actually question whether or not they want to be a New South Welsh man, then you know the government has really let them down, but aside from a few hippies and rednecks, the majority of New South Welshman might do a few things differently, but for the large part are glad to call NSW home.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Rafy said:
YLs made him proposition a journalist and call Carr's wife a mail order bride?
lol

look at you

defending it still. id rather a real bloke who makes accurate calls about asian wifus and loves womens bums than the shit cunts running NSW now

BUT HE WASN'T CONSERVATIVE (closet gay in YL speak like them all) ENOUGH

Last edited:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
my asian wifu

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Yes, the media fucked him over. But at the same time the Liberals don't have the funds to have media advisors compared to Labor. As a YL I know how it state parties work, it's not pretty for us Liberals, Labor get all the resources, we only get little from them when it comes to funding, Labor suck the juice out of us, we must win in the next state election.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Indeed.

Mr O'Farrell has been hamstrung to some extent in terms of the quality of his staff because of the lack of money the Government provides to staff his office.

The chief of staff in his office is understood to earn about $150,000 a year, but the deputy chief of staff usually receives about $75,000 and others, such as press secretaries, receive even less.

By contrast, many of the army of staff working for the Premier and Government ministers earn more than $100,000 a year.
And of course there was Iemma's hiring of John Choueifate and Adam Walters on $290,000 and $220,000 respectively.

Although it is the advantage of incumbency. You have thousands of civil servants at your disposal and control over government expenditure to hire an army of well paid spin doctors.

kokodamonkey

HSC
jb_nc said:
young liberals are to blame for that one

thanks YLs
We Did nothing wrong.

Plus I don't believe John said anything wrong. Bob Carr's wife is a mail order bride.

Lentern

HSC
kokodamonkey said:
We Did nothing wrong.

Plus I don't believe John said anything wrong. Bob Carr's wife is a mail order bride.
And you wonder how you manage to lose 16years worth of elections to Iemma and Carr.

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Lentern said:
And you wonder how you manage to lose 16years worth of elections to Iemma and Carr.

All the mail-order brides voting against us?

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Lentern said:

Because of THIS

Rafy said:
Indeed.

And of course there was Iemma's hiring of John Choueifate and Adam Walters on $290,000 and $220,000 respectively.

Although it is the advantage of incumbency. You have thousands of civil servants at your disposal and control over government expenditure to hire an army of well paid spin doctors.

piitb

HSC
kokodamonkey said:
We Did nothing wrong.

Lentern said:
AND FAIL STATS HAHA:haha::haha::haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)