JOhn Done- What the F__k and where the FUk (1 Viewer)

Eeko

Banned
wif donne

u see questions asking bout readings
then those abut how much of a smart arse he is

with readings, u obviously apply watever readings

but wif those "how doies he show his intellect and emotion"
wat u suppoes to do?
i read a band 6 exempler, he basically did a traditional reading and commented on how smart he is and shit on the way

is tat wat ur suppose to do or?

how else do u face those non-reading type-> technique+donne's message style questions?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Basically, u have to go into the exam prepared with the knowledge of how great he is (thru his techniques etc), but u also have to be aware of different contexts' interpretation of his poetry. Even in a question "how does he show his intellect and emotion" it'd still be advantageous for u to acknowledge that his poetry was disgusting in certain contexts blah blah
but in every essay, u are really supposed to agree with the fact that his poetry is great, based on his use of techniques

jizmiester

i agree with you eeko, i mean the questions are ALL over the freakin place! It could be anything! so what i'm doing is knowing ALL poems and general knowledge about everything....applying to the question as best i can... it is pretty F*CKED up!

sheza121

With the that question I think you are meant to incorporate how donne's techniques, message style and anything else you want to mention shows his emotion and intellect. I don't know how you put different readings into that question though.

I think you should learn general knowledge of all Donne's poems especially since you don't know what type of question it could be. I also wouldn't just stick to essays try others like feature articles

Eeko

Banned
i rang hotline(put me on callback but enver called back)
and they said

bsically do a traditional reading and apply techniques
and if i want use alternative reading/critics to show their intepretations
i.e
to a feminist donne isn't passionate, but a sexist concerned with his own sexual desires

MrMiK

yeh thats wot ill be doing. a general analysis of three of his texts, with a lil deeper with 1.. and then state some critics opinions on his poetry in general.

i learning at least minute here.. so i cant learn them all.
hope that they dont shit me and put a compulsary one in there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)