John Howard misleads public? (1 Viewer)

Who believes John Howard has misled the public by sending more troops to Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 61 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 26.5%

• Total voters

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
samuelblayden said:
Ye he is a lying itdiot when I vote he is out
Good luck, seeing in the last election, labour lost seats that were considered safe, and the Libs won majority in the senate and house of reps.

malkin86

HSC
Indeed. Sam, first we take Manhattan, and then we take Berlin!

K

katie_tully

Mum went to some NSW Health leadership thingo, I don't know, some course.

Anyway, they were reading documents about ethics, and one of them had the top 50 corrupt governments, according to the people of that country.
Ranked first was Finland, followed by Iceland, Denmark and a few other Nordic countries.
Australia was ranked 8th.
America was ranked 18th, with Ireland.

Interesting results, to think Australians consider their government so corrupt that it beat the likes of Singapore and Indonesia.........and America.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
wait i don't quite understand "according to the people of that country",
ie; the people of finland feel finland is #1, the people of iceland feel iceland is #2, the people of australia feel australia is #8 ?

Generator

HSC
N/A
I would say that it's a case of a greater number of Finns relative to the total population believing that their government is corrupt than is the case with the other nation-states... Of course, you have to wonder how such a study was conducted (countries surveyed, nature of the survey, size of the sample in each country, etc.).

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
katie_tully said:
Mum went to some NSW Health leadership thingo, I don't know, some course.

Anyway, they were reading documents about ethics, and one of them had the top 50 corrupt governments, according to the people of that country.
Ranked first was Finland, followed by Iceland, Denmark and a few other Nordic countries.
Australia was ranked 8th.
America was ranked 18th, with Ireland.

Interesting results, to think Australians consider their government so corrupt that it beat the likes of Singapore and Indonesia.........and America.
So this doesnt actually measure corruption levels, just what ppls perceptions are of the govt, how accurate would that be, not very i think

K

katie_tully

I don't know how they made the survey, but they were discussing it at a NSW Health forum, so who knows...

grag balbrady

on my 7th tour of duty
HSC
N/A
Grag thinks that Howard is probably just doing this controversial stuff to keep Australia politically aware. By causing a ruccous, people are finally becoming politically-motivated and stop stealing cars, hence preventing crime from the source...the criminals.

Case closed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)