• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Johnny Depp (2 Viewers)

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Omg there's a Johnny Depp thread! I heart Johnny Depp. Speaking of which, Pirates of the Caribbean is now playing on the comp. How many guys with eyeliner can look that delicious.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Johnny Depp = A real man. <3<3<3

If he wasn't married..

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Johnny Depp has never been married. He has a gf that he's been with for years and a daughter with her though.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
jim_green said:
Johnny Depp has never been married. He has a gf that he's been with for years and a daughter with her though.
And a son too. She's Vanessa Paradis.

jebbie

HSC
jim_green said:
Really? My friend said he got married.

Well then, this changes everything :p

FlibbertyJibbet

HSC
Edward Scissor-Hands
Cry Baby
Benny and Joon
Pirates
Finding Neverland
Gilbert Grape
Chocolat

I love Johnny movies, his my fave actor. Can't wait for Charlie and Corpse Bride are released. Tim Burton rox.
"You're not a eunuch are you??"

FlibbertyJibbet

HSC
Johnny plays the eccentric roles because early in his career he was given the "poster boy" image and I think his still trying to shake it off.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
No way JD had the 'poster boy' image. His popularity only really sky rocketed with Pirates of the Caribbean, his first REALLY commercially successful movie ever. He plays quirky characters because he enjoys them I reckon. He can play serious characters too.. see Donnie Brasco, where he easily kept up with Pacino.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Yeah, he's totally versatile with his roles, which is why is he so great. I mean, he can play serious roles perfectly, (and psychotic i.e Sercret Window), and then funny roles like Pirates of the Caribbean. Speaking of which, anyone else can't wait for the sequel? I totally cannot wait.

jebbie

HSC
Argonaut said:
Pirates of the Caribbean sucked. Everyone said it was excelelnt, but I remember laughing just once during the whole movie (the scene where he steps off the crow's nest onto the wharf).
Yes, but thats you....

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Without Johnny Depp Pirates would've been another big money flop, with Johnny Depp it was an amusing movie that was worth the rental fee. Having said that, if an actor of lesser quality played Jack Sparrow, Orlando Blooms acting capabilities, or lackthereof would've been less cruelly exposed. I hope the little idiot doesn't stuff up Kingdom of Heaven, that looks promising.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Yeah, despite how much I like Orlando Bloom, IMO he seriously cannot act. Except for maybe when he has to act like a little bitch, which he did superly well in Troy. And as Legalos, apart from looking good, he really had no purpose. "The Ring must be destroyed". Thank him for stating the obvious. And yeah, Kingdom of Heaven does look good...mainly because he's in it.
Anyway, Johnny Depp ownz.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I've seen abit of Chocolat, and OMG how did they drag out the damn movie until Johnny Depp finally came on?! But he looks mighty fine in that movie.

jebbie

HSC
funky_a said:
And as Legalos, apart from looking good, he really had no purpose. "The Ring must be destroyed". Thank him for stating the obvious.
Looking good???

Am I the only female alive that doesn't think Orlando Bloom is hot? I'm sorry but he just doesn't do it for me :/ Yeah, not even as an elf..

But yeah. Jonny Depp ownz <3

FlibbertyJibbet

HSC
I know what you mean. I see what people like in Orlando but I just can't get myself past the fact that he has no talent.

As for the comment earlier about my Johnny Depp had a poster boy image early in his career I'd like to point out that Johnny was actually very popular in the late 80's because of his role on 21 Jump Street but had been given an image that he really didn't want so went on to play Edward in Edward Scissor-Hands, thus creating the quirky image he now has (don't you dare try tell me that I'm wrong when it comes to info about Johnny Depp because trust me when I say that I'm right).

It is true that he can play the more serious roles but takes on the quirky ones and then creates a character that the director never dreamt was possible (eg. Jack Sparrow and the whole Keith Richards thing) but that is only because those directors have never worked with the likes of Johnny Depp.

Chocolat is a great movie and was not "dragged out"as some have stated. You need to understand Vianne and her relationship with the town before the introduction of Roux and the river rats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)