Josip Broz Tito (1 Viewer)

dragonblood

HSC
I am doing an essay on Josip Broz Tito. My question is worded rather wierdly but thats not my problem. I am trying to think of a good intro for my draft. What i really need is a good quote. Here is my question if it helps.

QUESTION: Josip Broz Tito, the unfulfilled legacy. A saviour of the people or Russian backed communist tyrant?

so if anyone can think of a good quote to start off it will be well appreciated. another thing is i found a book written by Tito himself called "The Essential Tito" so im gonna look through that also

dragonblood

HSC
nvm i found the perfect quote. now however i need a good and sound introduction. When i showed my teacher the resources i had provided. (what i thought to be a good introduction she stated that it was an excellent second paragraph because it goes straight into the events. So i have an excellent introduction to debates; however i havent got a background historiography at the moment. So can anyone give me pointers on how to start a good extension history project?

xoxo

HSC
omfg
u cannot be serious?
ur doing tito as well?!?!?!
i thought i was like the only and the only one who knew abt him! everyone iv told abt it have gone "tito who?"
wow what a coincidence.
mines due in like 2 weeks and i havent started it
oops lol
are u finding it like really interesting? im of croatian background which kinda prompted me to go into it and there is sooooooooooooooo much i never knew happened.

dragonblood

HSC
Yeah its really interesting. Im also croatian background, though im not fluent at speaking croatian, im getting there.
Theres one difficulty im finding though. We were told to stick wit hthe historians and the problem is 90% of books about Josip were written by people who were major players in his life. Therefore who can i use as a commentary historian. Any ideas?

xoxo

HSC
well, mines due this friday and i only just started....writing it i mean, but im not stressed - yet.

well, for my historians i have about 10 or so who im at least gonna mention. i think the only people who were close to him that i ahve are Djilas and Kardelj. but my teacher thinks they are great coz they provide such biased views of him and what he was doing - and djilas even though he broke with him and all that still conveys a great sense of admiration for him.

im using richard west who says heaps of stuff on him and whose book is awesome -BUT i cant find anything on him. would you have any idea?

if ur anywhere in sydney i would highly recommend going to the state library as they have heaps and heaps of books on him from all kinds of authors, dates and perspectives.

hope that helped
Xx

dragonblood

HSC
hehe i couldnt help much on actual books on him i found one excellent book by Fitzroy Mclean though. it called The Heretic: Life and Times of Josip Broz Tito, its about all you will get directly on Josip himself. Djilas is an excellent counter balance to Fitzroy so im using him also. My teacher thinks the\se are great and thanx for the hint on sydney library i live nearby and im goin to check it out tomorrow =] mines due in 8 weeks still so i have plenty of time

xoxo

HSC
really? iv found heaps on just tito. the thing im finding i hate about extension history is the core of it - historiography lol. i would love to write an essay about tito and what historians said about him and generally talk about his conctext but i hate having to focus more upon what the historians said and why they said it :(

im starting to stress now :(

dragonblood

HSC
aww there there, there there. Its not that bad, im not expecting extn history to be one of my UAI subjects but im stil outting as much into it as i can =] bday today and boredofstudies wished me hapy bday lmao this is fun, im getting through rather well now =]

xoxo

HSC
so it was handed in last friday
and the relief is massive haha
it was abolute shit and by the end i just got over it and i didnt really discuss historians at all - i just mentioned them haha
but its over!
woo!!

dragonblood

HSC
lol lucky you, My teacher is making us hand in bits of a draft at a time and giving us advice on how we can improve. so im happy =) well looks like im alone in doing my assessment now though =(

indirabeqaj

HSC
N/A
quite a few people are doing yugo for their project. never realised lol. my question is: "how did milosevic misuse history to spark serb nationalism and hence the attempted genocide in kosovo"

theres quite a bit of info, but i'm finding it really hard to get it down to some specific points

any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)