Journey from the interior poem, need help (1 Viewer)

angel_fire

HSC
Journey into the interior poem, need help

undefined
Hello
i am having great problems. I am doing journey into the interior from the board of studies booklet. I really want to do it for my set text but I really don't understand it. I don't know what to do. this text best suits my set text so it is the best one for me to do. If anyone has something that could hlp me please post it.
Please
thanking you

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
lol, first of all its

journey INTO the interior, just in case you're making that a constant mistake, not a good look for the markers.

I'll just post something quick and run away, because I submitted PURE GOLD notes about texts that this site STILL DOES NOT HAVE ie: Chaucer/Raimi transformations, but have taken weeks to conquer it... omgosh im taking it out on you bahahaha, anyways here goes:

Atwood uses a physical landscape (or a difficult terrain) as a sustained metaphor to portray the obstacles and danger inherent within an inner journey. The words "shoe" and "chair" brings the poem back to a domestic sphere, implying that Atwood's journey is not particularly a physical one - ie she's blurring the boundaries etc.

The constant use of "that" ie: she's listing suggests the tedious quality in her inner journey.

Some good quotes to use

"Mostly dangers:/ many have been here but only some have returned safely home" - showing and reinforcing the danger behind inner journeys

"Whatever I do I must keep my head" - advice etc... omgosh my brain it hurts, why do I still have journeys in my head?!?

I know they might not be good, so I'll run away now... toodles!

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
+"there are similarities....there are differences" - this use of contrast illustrates the persona's deep and personal thoughts, as the persona is weighing out the positives/negatives of the journey through "life"
+symbolism: "a compass is useles" "the lack of reliable charts": the compass symbolically represents a "guide" to life and the persona explains that there is no one direct path through life and no one/nothing can direct you into the right direction
+The persona is trying to make sense of her journey through life by using mountain climbing/landscpes as an analogy to explain the journey
+Enjambment is used to illustrate the composers contant and logical flow of thoughts, illustrating her constant reflection of her inner self
+Rhetorical question "Have i been walking in circles again?": Allows the responder to question and speculate about their own journey of life, also, illustrates ther persona's stream of thoughts and conciuosnes
+Metaphor/imagery: "A sentence crossing my path" showing hthe persona's stream of thoughts again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)