Journey to the interior and concepts! (1 Viewer)

jake-89

HSC
Can someone please define Jounrey to the interior!!!
I have no idea what is trying to be portrayed..
Apaarently its a good one to use for Wizard of Oz and i honestly cant see how?
What concepts are there in it?

lisarowe

HSC
well just briefly...
-imaginative journey is a channel of exploration through the human psychein this poem
-this type of journey, atwood reflects, is more dangerous than any other type.. there are quotes to support that ... near the end i think
- the use og map imagery and i think she mentions like a compass or something, maybe the word charter?? cant remember... but yeh the use of this helps explain that the imagination is unchartered, unplottable there are no landmarks to help placement... no way to navigate... get me?
- she talks about prairies which is a metaphor for imagination being vast... boundless= endless possibilities
there are heaps of themes in this poem about a million techniques you can use

madwoman

HSC
I agree...Journey to the Interior is about how crazy and unpredictable an imaginative journey can be

--dark imagery of "trees grow spindly; with their roots often in swamps"; description of physical environment metaphoric of psyche

It also recognises that the obstacles are fictional and made up (hence journey to the "Interior"). However, it also recognises that just because the challenges aren't real, it doesnt mean that it is easy to overcome them. This is like the Wizard of Oz, how it is just a dream (right? i think thats the ending - its been a while since I've seen it). Also, how the Wizard is just an illusion (guy behind the curtain) - reflects that just because something isnt real doesnt mean it isnt scary or powerful.

-- desperate tone of "whatever I do I must keep my head" similar to Dorothy's "theres no place like home..."

Anyway, I hope that helps a bit with ur Wizard of Oz reference, sorry if its too late for your assessment (you can always put it in your trials!!). Btw, dont worry if it seems too complex a text, Atwood can do that to your brain. It really isnt that hard to fit into an essay.

Good luck!! :)

jake-89

HSC
hey!
thanks for your help.
It wasnt too late. Its due tomorow!
Haha its still confusing so i might just do wind in the willows..
But yeh thanks for your help!
..:: Jake ::..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)