Journeys Essay ... I have a question to ask about it... (1 Viewer)

Serendipity88

HSC
Hey guys,
was just on the phone to a friend and we were discussing the journeys essay...
i was wondering, with the essay, do we have to go in depth with an analysis of e.g Away (the prescribed text)... or describe it but briefly because the markers are assumed to already know about it... same question with the stimulus text, for e.g im doing 'Journey to the Interior'... so would i have to say what it is about before i start saying how it is related to Away??

My teacher said its not necessary to blab on about the the stimulus and prescribed text because the markers are assumed to know this, yet my friends teacher said the opposite and that we have to say what they are about b4 linking them...?? any feedback on this guys..
Thanks... and GOODLUCK WITH HSC! :D

kc-ok-la

HSC
after your introduction, in which you've introduced away aswell as your supplementry texts,

before you go into detail about journey and techniques on away, the paragraph ahead of that give maybe a 2-3 sentance outline of what its about.
and your prescripted next do the same, but the stimlus booklet you could probably interweave what its about while your talking about its techniques and ways it portrays journey

hope that helps

Mattius

HSC
I heard that you should possibly do more on you set text as people tend to know it better (hence go into greater depth) then their own texts as they have been taught it in class. In the end it comes down to you been able to answer the question smothly covering all areas in depth (if possible).

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Do you mean outlining the plot?

You don't have to go into great detail at all, a sentence summing up the narrative perhaps. When you are taking examples from the text though it is important the markers know which part you will be analysing.

So no, you don't need to write a lot about the text in terms of outlining the plot.

Dr_Doom

HSC
I don't bother writing what my additional text is about. I just say Dust on my Shoes, a multimedia presentation by Peter Pinney, In my introduction

Grace W

HSC
try an intergrated response.. if your not sure what this is ask your teacher.. its going to get you extra marks.. also do an intro then a small paragraph on what journey is..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)