• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Judaism (2 Viewers)

Igor

HSC
N/A
lol, yeah.

barmitzvah is not something yu can do without if you want to be a proper Jewish adult. if you want to know more about the different ways people can truly convert, [as you said SH, the blood covenant... and a few other things] its a good idea to talk to a friendly Rabbi.

there's a synagogue around the bondi area that i think is reformist, and i've been told that the Rabbi is a nice guy and willing to talk to people and help with any questions.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Igor

there's a synagogue around the bondi area that i think is reformist, and i've been told that the Rabbi is a nice guy and willing to talk to people and help with any questions.
hehe. how about theres a synagogue anywhere you go in bondi. i think there are around 30 in and around bondi. the main reformist synagogue is emanuel in woollahra and their rabbi is a woman (talk about reformist).

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
I was thinking that as well but I was polite enough to keep it to myself!!!
LOL
just joking.....

Igor

HSC
N/A
heh, yeah sorry.

i meant there's one thats really good if you wan tinformation or if you want to talk to someone about Judaism. my uncle harps on about it all the time.

the main reformist synagogue is emanuel in woollahra and their rabbi is a woman (talk about reformist).

i didn't know about that one, but like i said. i'm a very secular Jew.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
I have an idea. Dont know if it should be raised here or in a separate thread. (edit...will do in a sep. thread)

The idea is based on the premise that the 'average' SOR student is from a Catholic school/background (statistically I think Im safe in assuming this). The aim is to identify certain members (dont have to be SOR students/posters) that are 'practicing members' of non-catholic background/influence to have as 'experts' (am using this term very loosely) that may be able to answer any questions of 'practice' as relating to non-christian faiths. We obviously have two 'Jewish' students here (either by faith or background) that can find out 'stuff' as it arises. I also nominate asking Saul as he is from a pretty traditional background (conservative?) and Im sure he wouldnt mind helping out.

Any feedback (positive, negative or nominating members and their religion) on this, please add to the thread I have started on this idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)