Judaism (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
For those that are jewish, what is it like being a jew, i would like to know, and what are the different varients like

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
one of my mums friends married a jewish bloke, and they have a little boy now, and he says museltov (sp)
and they wear the star of david.
and you get buried in a jewish cemetary.

yeah, obviously, im not jewish, so i dont really know what they do, but on Hey Arnold, the fat guy is jewish and he had a bar mitzvah in one of the episodes.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
yeah could someone please tell me what the kabbalah is? is it even associated with judaism? im not very cluey

eljay080

HSC
Korn said:
For those that are jewish, what is it like being a jew, i would like to know, and what are the different varients like
The Jewish belief in one G-d andf the moral teaching of the Torah (The Old Tesament). The are any didfferent branches of Judasim like Orthodox Judaism, Reform and Conservative.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
yeah could someone please tell me what the kabbalah is? is it even associated with judaism? im not very cluey
kabbalah is jewish myticism
they find meanings out of everything and beleive in different levels of spirituality, the highest (unattainable) lvl being the 50th gate, god's level

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
I have heard that it is some kind of cult, and that it doesnt fit in with Jewish teachings, but im not sure on that as im not a Kabbalah or jewish

eljay080

HSC
Korn said:
I have heard that it is some kind of cult, and that it doesnt fit in with Jewish teachings, but im not sure on that as im not a Kabbalah or jewish
The Kabbalah, that Maddona is in. The one that there is holy water and red string that is a cult but there is the real kabbalah. If you want I have a Rabbi's e-mail address that you can disscus these matters with.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Kabbalah - the expensive religion of the celebirties.
bottles of kabbalah water is about $50
kabbalah string (a piece of red wool/cotton) is about $80. you can but balls or red wool in bulk and not spend $80, unless if it pure wool, really expensive, but wool is fair cheap.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
minushuman said:
Whats i like being a jew? Pretty crap i'd say, don't even get to keep your foreskin :(
Is that true in all the different varients of Judaism

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
I'm pretty certain, all the people i know who've converted in later life have had to get the chop.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
whats kosher? is it like halal food?? and is there any food you guys can't eat ( i know about pig..like us..im muslim) but is there anything else? and can someone please tell me the basic beliefs because i have no background knowledge on this religion or its beliefs...like christians have the trinity, Islam has one God and prophets, what does judaism believe? and who was Ezra..and why can't you say God's name??
Thank u :)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
whats kosher? is it like halal food?? and is there any food you guys can't eat ( i know about pig..like us..im muslim) but is there anything else? and can someone please tell me the basic beliefs because i have no background knowledge on this religion or its beliefs...like christians have the trinity, Islam has one God and prophets, what does judaism believe? and who was Ezra..and why can't you say God's name??
I think (if i remember correctly) that in RE they said Jews can't say G-ds or Yahwehs name is because of the Ten Commandements, and in particular not having graven images of God or anything like that

eljay080

HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
It says in the Torah (Old Testament), that they can only eat animals with split hoof and chews its cud. If fish, the fish has to have fins and scales. Birds, if only only special birds.Milk only has to be cow milk, bread has to be baked my a Jew.
Jews believe in one god. Ezra was a prophet in the book of Prophets. We can't say G-d's name because it is one of the Ten commandments to not use G-d's name in vain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)