• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Julius caesar help?? (1 Viewer)

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
ok, my class has looked at this text very briefly and we have to write a feature article using it and 3 other supp texts.. could anyone give me any help/ideas????

question:
"through the writing of a feature article, explore the reality* of power played in the society of your texts and supplementary material you have studied"

*my teacher said they're asking about the levels of power.."do we take the surface or is it deeper?"

i'm having the most trouble with coming up with what to write..particularly:
~ recognition of different ways the texts are valued - how do we talk about reactions to powerplay/understanding of powerplay from different audiences..and who are they??
~ adapting and synthesising a range of textual features to explore and communicate information, ideas and values for a variety of puroses, audiences and contexts
~ evaluating and explaining the effect of different contexts of responders and composers of texts

also, any ideas for supp. texts that won't take me forever to analyse - e.g. novel??

thanks for your help! :)

EDIT: fixed up the bold bits -anti

Last edited by a moderator:

silbi

try using "wag the dog" and theres another post in here somewhere~ about supp matt.

Last edited:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hmm, how about you pick a scene or a character and talk about the powerplay in that? and do that 3 times with different supp texts.
with the audience thing, i guess you could talk about the supernatural powers in the play?
the prince by machiavelli is quite good if you're talking about powerplay in politics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)