Julius Caesar && V for Vendetta ? (1 Viewer)

angelargh

HSC
I can't decide on what materials to use!
at the moment I have in mind:
- V for Vendetta
- Atonement
and maybe some poems
but like if i were to use V for Vendetta, what kind of links/arguments should i be forming? I'm really confused about this module !

Kat92

HSC
Hi Guys :wave:,

This module is entitled Conflicting Perspectives, History and Memory.

I presume you guys are both doing conflicting perspectives as you are studying Julius Caesar. So what I have done below is paste some info from one of my other posts:

When I completed this module our teacher told us to complete it upon 1 event/personality or whatever you are doing.

So I found articles from two viable sources upon the personality both having differing perspectives. One was from Germaine Greer and focused heavily upon negative connotations. Whilst the other was from an independent newspaper, which praised the work of the personality.

From there I then integrated the articles with similiar sections of my prescribed text (Julius Caesar) and continued in that fashion highlighting the conflicting perspectives. You really need to be able to explain the techniques and how they convey these conflicting perspectives. You will benefit from designing a few mindmaps to help detect the similarities and differences.

Hope that helps you out. There are numerous posts on it, just do a search of the forums and I am sure you'll find what you want to know. Good luck. :D

Kat92

HSC
I can't decide on what materials to use!
at the moment I have in mind:
- V for Vendetta
- Atonement
and maybe some poems
but like if i were to use V for Vendetta, what kind of links/arguments should i be forming? I'm really confused about this module !
Personally, I believe V for Vendetta would be very difficult to use as a related text for this Module. However, this is just my opinion.

kiniki

HSC
kat. you are an excellent person. what is your opinion on using 'i am sam' and a lateline report on gordon brown as related texts?

Kat92

HSC
kat. you are an excellent person. what is your opinion on using 'i am sam' and a lateline report on gordon brown as related texts?
:shy: Thank you. Personally, I have never watched "I am sam". I would be more inclined to go with Gordon Brown and find two differing perspectives about his profile.

angelargh

HSC
thanks so much kat ! i kinda get it but still not quite :|
do we need to go into depth about each related?
if you choose two on one incident/personality etc then does taht mean your essay would be like
JC
related 1 + 2 on the same person/incident
JC
related material about another thing
JC

and yeah ?

angelargh

HSC
what do you guys think about using 'crash' the movie as a related text?

Kat92

HSC
thanks so much kat ! i kinda get it but still not quite :|
do we need to go into depth about each related?
if you choose two on one incident/personality etc then does taht mean your essay would be like
JC
related 1 + 2 on the same person/incident
JC
related material about another thing
JC

and yeah ?
Pretty much. Depends on how you normally structure your essay, i.e. block or integration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)