Jump from year 10 to year 11 (1 Viewer)

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
This has probably been asked to death, but is the jump from year 10 to 11 really as big as everyone says it is? If it is, in what way is year 11 "worse"? Is it the workload? The proximity of it to the actual HSC? Higher pressure levels?

I just feel so demoralised after my year adviser told me that things were going to get progressively worse every year :(

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
more work, more assignments, 11 years of your schooling life has come down to these vital 2 years. make the most of it
:read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read::read:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Well just a larger workload I guess. Have fun and settle in during year 11, worry in year 12.

pigas

HSC
Well year 11 and 12 are more important and have more work. Although your year 11 marks don't matter in the end, I still suggest you try and do well and study. I've found now that I'm in year 12, in some subjects we still have to recall stuff from year 11. I wouldn't say it's hard, just more work and more importance placed on it.

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Year 11 is a big jump. But I quite enjoy it. You get to study what you're interested in and the teachers treat you more like adults. At first, the workload can seem overwhelming but you just need to adjust and manage your time effectively. Just remember - it is a practice run of year twelve. Work hard and you shall succeed.
Good luck! :)

happinessisbest

HSC
Year 11 is a huge jump. I was an emotional mess in Year 11, because I wasn't used to the pressure and workload yet, in comparison to year 10. When I got to Year 12, it wasn't that big of a jump from Year 11, just more pressure. But yeah, Year 10-11 is a huge jump. Don't let it stress you though, just take each day as it comes and do your best. Plenty of people have done it and stressed over it, but there are also many people who don't find it too bad. Good Luck! x

enoilgam

HSC
This has probably been asked to death, but is the jump from year 10 to 11 really as big as everyone says it is? If it is, in what way is year 11 "worse"? Is it the workload? The proximity of it to the actual HSC? Higher pressure levels?

I just feel so demoralised after my year adviser told me that things were going to get progressively worse every year :(
I found it to be a fairly big jump, but you do adapt to it, so it really isnt as bad as it seems in my view.

Elisa Sweet

HSC
I didn't see it as a big jump, just changing years. But then again, I was already used to studying, which is possibly why some people think its a big jump. Best of luck in your senior years, keep up studying and you'll be fine :)

J280

HSC
It's gonna be a big jump for most people, but as you get used to it you'll be fine. Don't stress out or anything :)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Year 7 - 10 I did no study.

Year 11, did 3 hours a day consistently. I didn't have trouble with doing that amount straight away, it was more, "shit has gotten real".

Year 12 I studied less than year 11 which was a vital mistake. I probably did like two hours every couple of days....

But at the end of the day, It's only HSC content.

That said, had I studied consistently from year 7 to year 11, I'd still be in a very similar position now...

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Depends on the person, if you did barely anything yr 7-10 and are planning to work hard in yr 11-12, it will be a massive gap (speaking from experience). The first few weeks you'llfeel shitty as due to the overwhelming amount of work but you get use to it after a while..

Don't be lazy though. If you work hard from day 1, you'll get in a rhythm and find it easier to study later on.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Thanks guys! I'm feeling a lot better about next year now. Just a question on English, what's the biggest difference between junior and senior English (I'm doing 3U next year)? I keep seeing these scary exponential graphs which show the increase of difficulty in English so...

iEatOysters

HSC
^
No, that is untrue. English has remained the same in terms of difficulty.

watapple

HSC
well you develop better relationships with your enemies?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Year 11 has a lot more tears

Your workload is also a lot more intensive, but you will find yourself happier because you don't need to do subs you hate.
It also gets a bit more competitive because people take senior years more seriously (but it depends)

But enjoy year 11, its a fun year! The transition from year 10 to 11 isn't as severe as what people make it out to be. Enjoy your free periods and first year of "seniorism"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)