• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

just a question about uni classes.. (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Im a first year startin B. Engineering, wanting to do mechatronic, and ive FINALLY completed my timetable, altho its kinda jam packed..
u see.. i got back to back classes on monday from 11am-6pm, 12pm-3pm on tuesday (short day!!), 9am-2pm then 1hr gap then 3pm-6pm on wednesday, and finally 11am-6pm on thursday. Whats this, i missed friday??? thats cuz i got it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

anyways..i was just wondering if current students can tell me if lecturers and professors and stuff would care much if ppl ate in class, i mean..lectures i guess in a class of 400-500 no one would notice or care, but tuts and labs, i dont think..

wat are ppls views on this?????????//?//???//?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Usually most don't care.

Managing to get a day off in 1st year engineering is quite a feat. Congratulations.

ps. You'll be buggered by week 4, thats if you're still showing up to class.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah, lol, i didnt expect that day off, but i didnt have many options to put lessons on friday, i'd only have about 3hrs max, but i figured if i can make it off, then why not?
extra long weekend for me, woo!
i hope i can manage tho..

Mumma

HSC
keep other people in consideration and don't eat smelly meals that stink up the entire place. mostly fobs do this, and its fucking annoying.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
If you leave one class 10 minutes early and arrive at another 10 minutes late you'll have plenty of time to eat.

And mumma's comment is quite a generalisation, and almost on the verge of racism. I personally have no idea what he's talking about, never smelled anything in lectures/tutorials/etc after 2 years of being a B Comm/B Econ student.

Last edited:

Pace_T

HSC
some of the shit people eat in class can smell fucking disgusting :/

Vylen

HSC
hmmm, ive rarely encountered anything like that happening to me.... but well, its not to say it cant happen....

just be courteous of other people (and of the cleaners who keep the lecture rooms clean... make sure you bring your mess with you!) there are pretty much always bins at the entrance to lecture rooms so i cant really imagine why there are people who leave their rubbish lying around (argh)

anywho...

lecturers dont give a damn if you're eating in class, cause well, they have a lecture to hold... as for eating in labs - im pretty sure that's a no-no in any lab you'd encounter... comp lab, chem lab, etc, its common sense there.... tutorials on the other hand, since in most cases the people taking the (non-maths) tutorials are in fact students (undergrad or postgrad) they'll probably be caught eating during the tutes themselves if their timetables suck! but well, if you have a nice tutor, they'll let you eat anyway...

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Mumma said:
keep other people in consideration and don't eat smelly meals that stink up the entire place. mostly fobs do this, and its fucking annoying.
sif you go to lectures :confused:

gman03

HSC
Omie Jay said:
anyways..i was just wondering if current students can tell me if lecturers and professors and stuff would care much if ppl ate in class, i mean..lectures i guess in a class of 400-500 no one would notice or care, but tuts and labs, i dont think..
i also guess you wouldn't be the only one eating, and I also guess chewing sounds accumulates, and I also guess people talking in the back are more annoying than you eating.

anyhow, like sunny said, you will be buggered by week 4 and skip almost everything except labs and some tuts. so eating becomes a non-issue

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i quite agree with smelly food being a no-no, but the only smelly food i can think of are parmasean cheese and seafood, and i hate both!

i guess lecturers wont mind if ppl have a sandwich in a lecture, which is wat i'll be doin, s'wiches dont smell..

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Omie Jay said:
i quite agree with smelly food being a no-no, but the only smelly food i can think of are parmasean cheese and seafood, and i hate both!

i guess lecturers wont mind if ppl have a sandwich in a lecture, which is wat i'll be doin, s'wiches dont smell..
curry anyone?
lol.

i went to my local library once during the hsc to get some study done.
and some fkkin indians brought and ate curry inside the library to eat. .. it made me want to vomit. ><

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
omg, indian curry, and i mean INDIAN curry, is veryveryvery strong, and is the reasons why some, or probably most :p, indians smell veryveryvery strong-ly not good, and i HATE it. im sure everyone knows wat im talking about. its cuz of a certain spice, turmeric i think it is, they add heaps of it (i guess u can say that some indians smell like curry ;)

Last edited:
HSC
Mumma said:
i couldn't agree more!!! they need to understand that the language of smell is universal....

Thought Shark

HSC
Jago said:
If you leave one class 10 minutes early and arrive at another 10 minutes late you'll have plenty of time to eat.

And mumma's comment is quite a generalisation, and almost on the verge of racism. I personally have no idea what he's talking about, never smelled anything in lectures/tutorials/etc after 2 years of being a B Comm/B Econ student.
OH MY GOD RACISM.

Obligatory lower-case text.

HSC
Pace_T said:
some of the shit people eat in class can smell fucking disgusting :/
i demolish kebabs all the time when i did QMA, cause it was on the way. i bet hte lecturer thouht i was kebab-boy :(
u remember our old accounting lecturer? that kiwi guy used to wear glasses? he goes to unsw gym now, hes turning into some jacked cunt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)