just a question for you english buffs (1 Viewer)

rookie89

HSC
umm i went reallly bad in my english exams, lets assume i got a mark of 60 for the 2 exams, but my rank is 8th in my english cohort(advanced), and we''ll assume the top ten got above 75, does anyone have any idea of what extent my english mark will be brought up?

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
um,
8th out of how many people?

and the school's rank can also play a part in it.

Magicana

HSC
So 63/105, or 60/100. Your school mark would be scaled up to whatever the 8th best mark in the exam was, and you would keep your HSC mark. Thats my understanding of it anyway - I can't factor in amount of people, the rank of your school, etc.

rookie89

HSC
umm theres about 40 in the advanced sector. umm i recon i got about 65% for each exam, but im pretty certain the top 10 would atleast get above 75%. my school rank would be pretty bad id recon. im just wondering if ill get like 70 or the rank doesnt really matter in the long run. cheers

Far-Kew

HSC
your "assessment rank" is automatically part of your mark, then is it not averaged with your own raw exam mark?

this whole this is complex lol

bethdocker85

HSC
Ok. So here's how it works.

The top mark that the person in your year who is ranked first gets is the top mark any of you can get as your school assessment mark. = the person who gets the 8th highest mark in the exam is what your assessment mark will likely be. you keep your straight exam mark.

then, you get scaled up cause eng adv scales up cause it's hard, but you will be scaled down if you are in a crap school.

but each year the scaling changes becuase it depends on the results of your whole cohort etc, so you can't really predict marks as such. that (above) is just how they scale it.

ads89

HSC
bethdocker85 said:
Ok. So here's how it works.

The top mark that the person in your year who is ranked first gets is the top mark any of you can get as your school assessment mark. = the person who gets the 8th highest mark in the exam is what your assessment mark will likely be. you keep your straight exam mark.

then, you get scaled up cause eng adv scales up cause it's hard, but you will be scaled down if you are in a crap school.

but each year the scaling changes becuase it depends on the results of your whole cohort etc, so you can't really predict marks as such. that (above) is just how they scale it.
The person who ranks first in the school assessment takes the average of their exam mark and whoever gets the highest exam mark (after scaling and aligning ofcourse). With aligning, they get the top and bottom school assessment marks then average them out among the ranks and percentages everyone got to have a new aligned mark. That can be scaled up or down based on your performance (or anyone you beats you that was ranked below you in the school assesment).
Adem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)