Just A Question (1 Viewer)

R&G sounds too much like modern everyday conversation to be that easil recognised, i'm sorry

"We are tied down to a language that makes up in obscurity what it lacks in style"

We live in a contaminated moral environment. We fell morally ill because we became used to saying sometihng different from what we thought.

bex

HSC
i go to ruse and its in carlingford, a big gaping hole. i would soooo much rather go to school in the city, or up the coast somehwhere nice.
youre right carlingford is a hole... i was at carlo court today.. what a daggy piece of crap... im sorry but North Rocks and Carlingford are still time warped in the 80's- 90's.... Im so glad i moved out of nanna-ville!!!

SkAnDi

HSC
Is it umm just me, or does every thread recently seem to end up in convoluted James Ruse goobledegook.

Yes, i wanted to use the workd "gobbledegook".

SaveFerris

It seems that we've all spent so much time studying Ros & Guil no-one knows what is real and what is not anymore! :) Or I guess I should say, who is real and who is not...

"Truth is only that which is taken to be true."

For the record, although this clarification may be a little belated, I am a real person...I attend a Blue Mountains high school and have the hugest obsession with Ferris Bueller's Day Off...I am one of those people who have seen it 500 million times and still find it amusing...I have a theory (which many of my friends would call laughable) that all of the best movies were made between 1980 and 1990...Ferris Bueller, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink...the list goes on...

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
Originally posted by Coffee_Fan
HEY GUYS AND GALS, STUPID QUESTION BUT IS EVERY1 ON HERE AT A SYDNEY SCHOOL OR SOMETHING?? I MEAN I CAN'T HELP NOTICING THAT NEARLY EVERY MESSAGE I READ COMES FROM SYD KIDS ( NO OFFENCE, I LOVE SYDNEY AND I WISH I WENT TO SCHOOL THERE) BUT YEAH, JUST CURIOUS. I SPOSE NO-ONE COMES FROM THE HOLE OF THE UNIVERSE CALLED TAMWORTH HEY??

RIGHTO SEEYAZ, cOFFEE_fAN

P.S. WHAT'S IT LIKE TO GO TO SCHOOL IN SYDNEY? EDP AT THE BIG SCHOOLS LIKE JAMES RUSE AND GRAMMAR?
hey i dont go to skool in syd.. i'm in moree :rolleyes: at least tamworth is betta than moree!
but yeh i agree wit u.. most of da people on here r like from syd..

bex

HSC
maybe the reason that most people are from sydney schools is because theres a greater number of schools in Sydney than from regional NSW??

hey SaveFerris, which Blue Mountains skewl? granted, i only konw three but i'm just wondering. Which part of the mountains at that.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
Originally posted by bex
maybe the reason that most people are from sydney schools is because theres a greater number of schools in Sydney than from regional NSW??
yeh tru.. but still i mean "all" da people r tho :p :p

bellicoseboy

port macquarie!

rayyy!!! our school is next door to the beach. how convenient. :) check it... here's a map:

Code:
      beach         ___
 ------------------/   \    <- headland
                       /
      _________        |
      | tennis |      |
      ---------       |
                     |
    ___________      | beach
  |            |     |
  |    school  |      |
  -------------       |
                      \__
                         \
                          |  <- headland
                          |

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
hey not baddd.... hehe ;) ;)

jus jig skool and go hang out on da beach.. hehe :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
basically the same at my school =)
beach is like 5 mins away by car

here_is_now

You lucky shits, being able to have a beach that close!!! Yes, to all of the above, we country/rural/regional kids are sorely outnumbered and yes, Forster is tons kewl. My whold dad's family comes from there and we go there every now and then. But back to the beach thing, it's like a 7 hour train trip from school to the nearest beach:( *boohoo

staree

HSC
N/A
hey, i didn't go to a sydney school......

up da cootamundra high school! I have been trying to compare country school and city schools even tho I never went to a city school, but from what i gather, i think i prefer country school even though city schools have better educational resources.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
Originally posted by staree
hey, i didn't go to a sydney school......

up da cootamundra high school! I have been trying to compare country school and city schools even tho I never went to a city school, but from what i gather, i think i prefer country school even though city schools have better educational resources.

y u say that?

:D

staree

HSC
N/A
seems to me that teacher/student relationships are closer in the country than in the cities. and because country schools are relatively small, everybody knows everybody else so it's like a big family whereas in the city some people don't know anybody outside their grade or classes.
And city schools are more educationally advantaged... u can take the English seminar as an example. How many non Sydney schools or non city schools would have been able to attend that? A lot of schools wouldn't be able to afford it.
The better teachers who knows what to study for the HSC and everything (basically, the HSC marking supervisors) are pretty much all in the cities. In the country the teachers depend upon educational magazine that is sent out to every teacher in the state.
Last year some teachers admitted that they knew crap all about the new hsc and that they were learning with us..... not the most reassuring thing to tell 63 HSC students in the bush.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)