Just Accepted my offer. What now? (1 Viewer)

Fake-Name

HSC
Hey, I just accepted an offer to Macquarie and am wondering what am I supposed to do now?

I have a friend at Usyd who is told to come into the Uni at a certain date for enrolment, and i have some friends going to UOW who are already looking at their timetable or something like that.

Am I supposed to be doing something now that i've accepted my offer?

gapathetic

HSC
Hey, I just accepted an offer to Macquarie and am wondering what am I supposed to do now?

I have a friend at Usyd who is told to come into the Uni at a certain date for enrolment, and i have some friends going to UOW who are already looking at their timetable or something like that.

After you've accepted your offer on the macquarie website, i think you have to fill in some e-forms and stuff. You should receive an email/other form of notification with the date that you need to go into uni to enrol and pick your subjects. You also get your timetable on that day. It should be around February.

Fake-Name

HSC
After you've accepted your offer on the macquarie website, i think you have to fill in some e-forms and stuff. You should receive an email/other form of notification with the date that you need to go into uni to enrol and pick your subjects. You also get your timetable on that day. It should be around February.
Awesome. Thankyou.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Other than the forms etc - have a good relaxing break! (seriously! Once uni starts, it's like a mini HSC every semester) If you feel inclined to study or prepare, you can start reading books and other guides for writing essays, assessment tips etc.

Fake-Name

HSC
Yea thats true. It's nice to know I don't have to worry about this anymore!

rayy_bann

HSC
Hey but don't we first years have to make a timetable?

I'm doing law and don't really know what to do :L

Like I read the handbooks and watched the podcasts of instructions but I'm still unsure of 100 level units/200 level units etc, and whether I'm only supposed to pick 100 level units or whatnot. Since I'm doing a combined degree, I have to pick Commerce units as well and its all incomprehensible for me....please help? :L

andyfg88

HSC
N/A

Like I read the handbooks and watched the podcasts of instructions but I'm still unsure of 100 level units/200 level units etc, and whether I'm only supposed to pick 100 level units or whatnot. Since I'm doing a combined degree, I have to pick Commerce units as well and its all incomprehensible for me....please help? :L
Only pick 100 level units from your Commerce Degree and 100 level units for your law degree. The "level" corresponds with the year, so 100 = first year.

gapathetic

HSC

Hi rayy_bann,

For the commerce part of your degree, there's 5 100 level required subjects that you have to do and 2 100 level required subjects for law. These are ACST101, BBA102, ECON11, MKTG101, either ACCG100 OR ACCG106, LAW115, LAW109. So you need to do all these in first year. Usually people do 8 units per year, so i would also do one of the people or planet units as well.
The list of subjects to choose from are here: http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/2012/Units/People
http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/2012/Units/Planet

After you decide which subjects you want to do in session 1 and session 2, you make your timetable near the last stage of enrolment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)