Just did CSSA 2007 Trial (1 Viewer)

Nosviper

HSC
Just did the CSSA Trial.. I went better than I thought considering I didnt study much

jayraad

HSC
How is that possible? Arnt we supposed to do it on moday?

Nosviper

HSC
well we did it on friday.

* Alot of mathematica questions more than usual. There are 3 questions related to friction on an angle finding power.

* There is one truss question by finding reactions and forces (its not a hard one dont worry). Multiple choice is a little strange.

* Question on satellite (geostychronary, medium earth and low earth orbits)

* Sheer force diagram in engineering report including a question on the different parts of an engineering report and CAD

thats all i can remember

zcb666

HSC
Thanks Nosviper, Big help. Good luck everybody.

Last edited:

Nosviper

HSC
ummm here is what else i Can remember

1) Multiplce Choice question about an aircraft component and bernoullis principle so know bournillis principle and and example in how it works in aircrafts either lift for wings, pitot tube or airspeed indicator

2) Materials question on some aircraft component. There is a picture of it and you must choose a material and justify (i think i chose molybdenum)

3) Know annealing and how to draw grain structure

4) The 1st question is pretty much bullshit anyone with no engineering knowledge can make up. About a bridge for some small town and its impact on the enviornment and some ethical issues

5) There is a digital control circuit in multiplce choice

zcb666

HSC
Thanks alot. And once again, GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY! =]

HSC
Yh i did the exam today, I think i did pretty well. Hey with the question when u had to find the power of the van going up the hill, was the cofficient of friction 0.03 because it said 300N per 1 tone or something, and just wondering how the cofficient of friction is derived from this?

thanks

Nosviper

HSC
I dont think u needed the coefficient of friction for that question. It said the frictional force aws 300n per 1 tonne. I think the thing was 2.5 tonne so all i did was multiply 2.5 x 300 to get the frictional force. Then i found the component of the force parallel to the plane mgsin(theta). Added them together to get the overall force then used P = Fv to get the power.

HSC
yeh i went 2.5 x 300 = 750 and then divided 750 by the weight of the van because i thought i needed the cofficient then used P=Fv. lol non of the questions that i've seen before had the frictional forces like that. I should get some marks out of it anyway.

The way u did it seems right, i should ahve done that!!

mandy moos zoo

HSC
:) Thx - we did ours yesterday. How cum u did yours early? Wot skool r u @?
Yr hints helped me heaps - I owe you one.
Hv u finished yrs now?:wave:

thehootman

HSC
Why would you put molbdynum in an aircraft? Surely you said Aluminium/molybdynum alloy? Molybdynum in a pure state is terrible for anything....

Nosviper

HSC
Got the test back today. Came first with 78% how did everyone else go

HSC
my school did indi, i stuffed up bad!!! but came 1st with 84.5, 2nd was 83, 3rd was 76, 4th was 60, and 5th (last) was 48
me and the guy who came 2nd made the most stupidest mistakes ever-_-, we coulda easily got over 92...but we didnt:bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)