Just missed out (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I am so pissed off, the course I want to do at newcastle uni had a cutoff of 77.55 last year, and my UAI was 77.25. Plus it will probably go up. I thought it was ok,because where I live gets an additional 4 UAI points for newcastle uni and then I found out that the uni doesen't offer those bonus marks for combined degrees (which is the course I want to do). Do you think I could still scrape it in in like the late round or final round offers..its a teaching course so it might not be popular...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I suggest you write to them and point out that you have a bonus 4 points... ask for special consideration to do the combined program.

Kharn

Couldn't you start one of the degrees and Combine it in the second year?

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i still think you'll get in, ur only 0.3 less than lst yrs cut off

i say this bcuz i know some1 who got a uai of 63 and got into a course wit a cut-off of 70, so i think the uni's actually lie bout the cut-offs jst to keep a good reputation

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Do you think they would give out special consideration for the course just because I wrote to them? I will try it, I can also get a letter of reccomendation from my principle, but if it is that easy wouldn't everyone do it?
I don't know about transferring or starting the second degree in the next year, I'm going to go to an open day in jan and find out what my options are. Do you think that if I got in to a bachelor of arts, I could do that for a year and then transfer to a combined degree? or would that be to hard?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You've got nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Just try it. :)

Transferring is definitely possible, but it's easier to do the combined program from the beginning.

TheKey

HSC
how exacly do you write to 'them' and when would you do this?

im in similar position, i got 89.3 UAI and UTS double degree course is 88.65 2002, so its definatly going up beyond me.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Write to the Dean of the Faculty your target degree falls under and explain your situation, being sure to mention all the good reasons why they should let you in. :)

I'd recommend going overboard and including everything you possibly can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)