Just questions about NGO and Sons and Dr Du (1 Viewer)

Clueless0182

HSC
So basically im in year 10 right now and what to start 3U math tutoring. I am comparing between NGO and Dr Du. I know that Dr Du is better however i wanted to start with Ngo and sons to get used to the competitive tutoring environment and then depending on year 11 i might move to Dr Du for year 12 idk.

I was wondering if anyone here is doing senior classes at NGO and sons and more specifically school focus classes which seem to be available. Are they good in terms of environment and teaching. How much homework do you receive. I called up the reception lady and she said you only receive homework and no other notes so i was just wondering if they give enough homework considering this is the only thing they provide. I also saw on their website that they have an online portal where you can see all the recording of your lessons. Is this true even for in-class lessons like can i access the recorded ones later for free and how do you guys find it.

Also for Dr.Du has anyone done the online course and if so how are you finding it like is it alright and sufficient enough when compared to in-class courses.

Thanks

kkk579

hello
HSC
So basically im in year 10 right now and what to start 3U math tutoring. I am comparing between NGO and Dr Du. I know that Dr Du is better however i wanted to start with Ngo and sons to get used to the competitive tutoring environment and then depending on year 11 i might move to Dr Du for year 12 idk.

I was wondering if anyone here is doing senior classes at NGO and sons and more specifically school focus classes which seem to be available. Are they good in terms of environment and teaching. How much homework do you receive. I called up the reception lady and she said you only receive homework and no other notes so i was just wondering if they give enough homework considering this is the only thing they provide. I also saw on their website that they have an online portal where you can see all the recording of your lessons. Is this true even for in-class lessons like can i access the recorded ones later for free and how do you guys find it.

Also for Dr.Du has anyone done the online course and if so how are you finding it like is it alright and sufficient enough when compared to in-class courses.

Thanks
drdu is on the pricey side so if u don’t wanna spend too much money go with ngo and sons. most ppl find it pretty good.

wzsmartypants

HSC

Thanks
online is very sufficient and they have an app

icycledough

HSC
Note that going to a selective school myself, I was pretty much one of 3 or 4 students who didn't go to Dr Du for Maths, that's how popular it is for selective school students in particular, and for a good reason. They do go quite ahead with the content and will tutor students who will get the 99s and 100s (the state rankers). It can definitely be quite daunting being in a class where everyone is very academically gifted.

s97127

HSC
Note that going to a selective school myself, I was pretty much one of 3 or 4 students who didn't go to Dr Du for Maths, that's how popular it is for selective school students in particular, and for a good reason. They do go quite ahead with the content and will tutor students who will get the 99s and 100s (the state rankers). It can definitely be quite daunting being in a class where everyone is very academically gifted.
Dr Du is popular because of top students going there. It's a place where top students compete with each other. If you don't want to compete against them then there is no reason why you should go there. Ngo and son's is a much cheaper option.

icycledough

HSC
Dr Du is popular because of top students going there. It's a place where top students compete with each other. If you don't want to compete against them then there is no reason why you should go there. Ngo and son's is a much cheaper option.
Yep, I agree with that. I just wanted to make sure that OP was aware of this, as it can be quite a nervous change adapting from his usual school cohort to his tutoring cohort, which as you mentioned, can get very competitive.

s97127

HSC
Yep, I agree with that. I just wanted to make sure that OP was aware of this, as it can be quite a nervous change adapting from his usual school cohort to his tutoring cohort, which as you mentioned, can get very competitive.
Does Dr Du give his students extra problems in class apart from the problems in homework booklets? If not then students do not need to go there if they have hw booklets from their sibblings.

kkk579

hello
HSC
Does Dr Du give his students extra problems in class apart from the problems in homework booklets? If not then students do not need to go there if they have hw booklets from their sibblings.
lol they still learn the content at drdu tho.

s97127

HSC
lol they still learn the content at drdu tho.
Selective school students don't go to Dr Du for learning content as they can do it themselves. They are there for all the hard problems.

wzsmartypants

HSC
yeah lol dr du has hard questions. from a yr9 student doing extension 1 maths at du

s97127

HSC
yeah lol dr du has hard questions. from a yr9 student doing extension 1 maths at du
Do they give you any other problems besides the problems in hw booklets? If so, are they harder than the ones in hw booklets?

Wiafuu

HSC
Not really unless you're in A1 with Dr Du's son, the rest of the classes are quite drop kick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)