Just some questions... (1 Viewer)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Only your best two units of English is counted, so most likely ext 1 is counted along with one unit of English Adv to make up for the two units.

As for the second one, your subjects will get scaled before they are used to get obtain your aggregate, upon which the UAI is based. It's pretty pointless to scale subjects apart from calculating the UAI, so it is done before the calculation.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
at elast 2 units of english are counted in your UAI. you do 3 units of english, so only your top 2 units of english are counted.

aurel

HSC
Hey everyone! I was checking out SAM, and entering in some of my marks for current subjects and got a lil confused along the way... Now i've heard that English (i do advanced) is always counted in your UAI, and yet when i entered English as my lowest marks, it only counted as one unit. I thought when it was counted, *all* of it was counted?

Also, i've got a question on a situation i might find myself in, in the coming year (just started yr 12 btw - first day over - yay!). Okay, say i have 12 units, and in General Maths i get 90%, but then in Ext English i get 80%. Now i know ext is scaled way more than general, but does this scaling happen before it's counted towards my UAI?

Thanks a lot guys, any help would be appreciated!

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Whoa! Two posts before the original post! There goes that timewarp again...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think the thing about Ext counting has already been answered- but as for the scaling.. After everything has been scaled/aligned/moderated- THEN the top 10 units are selected. I think that's how it works >_>

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
seremify007 said:
I think the thing about Ext counting has already been answered- but as for the scaling.. After everything has been scaled/aligned/moderated- THEN the top 10 units are selected. I think that's how it works >_>
yep.

The top 10 units (including 2 units of english) are taken after scaling, these are added up to rank you in the state and thus find your UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)