Just Stuff about St Marys (1 Viewer)

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
Is there anyone who went to st marys and if you did, how did the school help you

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
Is there anyone who went to st marys and if you did, how did the school help you
Also what subjects does St Marys teach that isn't common in other schools and How it focuses specifically on seniors preparing and doing their HSC, and how you can get the best quality support from that type of environment.

idkkdi

HSC
Also what subjects does St Marys teach that isn't common in other schools and How it focuses specifically on seniors preparing and doing their HSC, and how you can get the best quality support from that type of environment.
considering how eager you are, why don't you just transfer to selective lmfao.

SplashJuice

HSC
Heard from my friends it's a really bad school, they hate it because everyone is "stupid" and is not really catered toward sciences but more into humanities. Not sure why you're eager to get into a rank 300 school either lol, try for selective. Amazing competition.

HSC
Heard from my friends it's a really bad school, they hate it because everyone is "stupid" and is not really catered toward sciences but more into humanities. Not sure why you're eager to get into a rank 300 school either lol, try for selective. Amazing competition.
I mean if it is a significant improvement of your previous school, you should try out. Although, I have heard people say its easy to get accepted despite which school you have previously been in.

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
I mean if it is a significant improvement of your previous school, you should try out. Although, I have heard people say its easy to get accepted despite which school you have previously been in.
Thank you guys for your opinions, but I will do HAST and apply for St Marys at the same time, my picks are
1. Penrith Hs
2. Girra
3. Fort Street

SplashJuice

HSC
I'd say to only go if your current school is mad horrible, like rank 500-600 (Worst schools in the state) or isn't even ranked, otherwise trying for selective is a better option.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I completed my HSC there in 2019. The school itself is good considering it's partially selective (not academically, but in terms of its selection process). So it's better than all of the other comprehensive schools within the area. As far as I'm aware they offer pretty much all the main subjects (4u maths and english, physics, chem etc) with the exception of anything higher than beginners languages.

The school values a young adult learning environment, which is a bit similar to uni. Students are pretty much given more freedom. Teachers are addressed by their first name, uniform isn't compulsory as long as what you're wearing matches the dress code and so on.

In addition to support from teachers, they also have a peer tutoring program which smart students can choose to sign up for.

But yeah, as mentioned by others, if you can receive an offer from a selective high school (e.g. Penrith HS), then go for it (unless you specifically want to go to SMSHS).

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
I'd say to only go if your current school is mad horrible, like rank 500-600 (Worst schools in the state) or isn't even ranked, otherwise trying for selective is a better option.
mine is like 400

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
i know a couple ppl at st marys.
1) its really easy to get in
2) its a very uni-like experience. u have to be self-motivated or ur screwed
3) environment generally isnt that studious as a wide range of students w different capabilities attend the school
4) ive never been told that the school environment is competitive but rather it is 'quite chill' (idk if thats good or bad)
5) its known for its art and humanities subjects

Definitely go to the selective schools if you get in as imo theyre A LOT better both ranking wise as well as what they offer to students.
Yeah I will, I did some reasoning tests to help me prepare for HAST

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
i wouldn't talk about rank. sounds pretentious. bs about "exceptional learning environment, intelligent and welcoming school community, and wide range of enriching programs such as ..."
With 900 students in Yrs 11 & 12 only, it is a very large senior school, so it would have a broad & diverse range of students, subjects & extracurricular activities.

hstb_

HSC
Hey, I completed my HSC there in 2019. The school itself is good considering it's partially selective. So it's better than all of the other comprehensive schools within the area. As far as I'm aware they offer pretty much all the main subjects (4u maths and english, physics, chem etc) with the exception of anything higher than beginners languages.

The school values a young adult learning environment, which is a bit similar to uni. Students are pretty much given more freedom. Teachers are addressed by their first name, uniform isn't compulsory as long as what you're wearing matches the dress code and so on.

In addition to support from teachers, they also have a peer tutoring program which smart students can choose to sign up for.

But yeah, as mentioned by others, if you can receive an offer from a selective high school (e.g. Penrith HS), then go for it (unless you specifically want to go to SMSHS).
out of curiosity, do you know what the highest ATAR recieved by your cohort was in 2019?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)