• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Just what this forum needs...Another red P-plate Q (1 Viewer)

jest3r

HSC
This is probably more of a role play than a query, but I'll throw it out to you guys anyway. If you were a highway patrol officer (that happened to be patrolling a particular highway :rolleyes: ) would you be more inclined to pull over a red P-plater (having a capped speed of 90 km/h) travelling at 95-100km/h or a full licence driver travelling at 110 km/h overtaking the said red P-plater? I should also mention that this highway has a speed limit of 100 km/h.

Your thoughts please.

HSC
jest3r said:
This is probably more of a role play than a query, but I'll throw it out to you guys anyway. If you were a highway patrol officer (that happened to be patrolling a particular highway :rolleyes: ) would you be more inclined to pull over a red P-plater (having a capped speed of 90 km/h) travelling at 95-100km/h or a full licence driver travelling at 110 km/h overtaking the said red P-plater? I should also mention that this highway has a speed limit of 100 km/h.

Your thoughts please.
Are you talking about the F6? If it was the F6 at night then the licenced driver because the cops generally look for people over the limit (i.e. over 100km/h) its harder to tell the difference between green and red p platers. if you're a p plater and going 100 even if you're on reds you *should* be alright.

In the day time I'd be more inclined to target the p platers.

CieL

HSC
I forgot about that capped speed rule.

Jess007

HSC
well of course, coming from my perspective of a being a red p plater my self, i would assume theyd pull us over.. okay being a copper though id pull the full licence over they were doing ffaster then the actual speed limit, at least the red p plater was going the maximum , lol i cant justify this. but in real life, cops pulll the reds over.. so we lose :)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
tbh i only think they pull you over if you're going a lot faster than the signposted speed. i mean fuck, can you imagine how many cars they'd need if they pulled over every single person doing 10km/h over?

Jess007

HSC
i know exactly so many people speed, our parents speed for gods sake, they r mainly the people telling us to drive safely!! hypocrits!! but we if it was us or a full licence driver to be pulled over, it would be us. mostly coz we are the future and we need to be punished now...bla bla lol
breaking said:
tbh i only think they pull you over if you're going a lot faster than the signposted speed. i mean fuck, can you imagine how many cars they'd need if they pulled over every single person doing 10km/h over?

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
Jess007 said:
i know exactly so many people speed, our parents speed for gods sake, they r mainly the people telling us to drive safely!! hypocrits!!
Maybe to rub it in their hypocritical faces you should speed?
Jks, NEVER SPEED! Police will catch you and crap on your license and you will never drive again.

Anyway, I'd be more inclined to pull over the P-Plater. Why? Umm, its a P-Plater.

jest3r

HSC
watatank said:
Are you talking about the F6?
Yes.

Going off into a bit of a tangent, I really do dislike the capped speed for red P-plates. Not only does 90 km/h feel like a snails pace on a freeway, but it's pretty intimidating having a full licenced driver and/or truck driver leaving about a 1 m gap (give or take) between their front bumper and my rear bumper. So it seems that the capped speed creates more danger than the actual safety that it's supposedly meant to provide imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)