Just wondering, what ranks at Ruse for 99+? (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
Hai guys just out of curiosity, what ranks in adv eng, phys, chem, mx1 and mx2 would a kid from ruse need for a 99+ ATAR?
I heard of a guy who was in the 20's for everything and got 99.7 or something iirc.

enoilgam

HSC
Well, from memory the average ATAR at Ruse is around 99.1 or something. So, with a high scaling combination of subjects, you would probably need to be ranked in the top 55% of those subjects maybe to get 99.

Last edited:

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
MX1 - Top 130-140
MX2 - Top 90
Physics - Top 60
Chem - Top 100
English - Top 100-120 ish (not too sure about this)
These ranks equate to band 6 for those respective subjects. And getting a band 6 for every subject usually means an atar of aroun 99 especially due their impressive scaling

hayabusaboston

HSC
MX1 - Top 130-140
MX2 - Top 90
Physics - Top 60
Chem - Top 100
English - Top 100-120 ish (not too sure about this)
These ranks equate to band 6 for those respective subjects. And getting a band 6 for every subject usually means an atar of aroun 99 especially due their impressive scaling
OMFG WHY CANT I GO TO RUSE :'(

R u from ruse?

hayabusaboston

HSC
but then, albert, how do they differentiate between skill levels of students in various subjects? if everyone is getting so fkin high how can they rank properly? They're tests arent spectacularly difficult, I would think most ruse kids get 99 or 100

enoilgam

HSC
but then, albert, how do they differentiate between skill levels of students in various subjects? if everyone is getting so fkin high how can they rank properly? They're tests arent spectacularly difficult, I would think most ruse kids get 99 or 100
They're probably tightly clustered - which is reflected in Ruse's final results pretty much, because the range of ATARs is extremely narrow once one or two outliers are removed.

hayabusaboston

HSC
They're probably tightly clustered - which is reflected in Ruse's final results pretty much, because the range of ATARs is extremely narrow once one or two outliers are removed.
I meant in ranks. HOw can they properly differentiate people through ranking if everyone gets so high and the tests arent hard enough to challenge some peeps and get a decent range of marks?

SinCeption

HSC
their tests are harder, i go to a selective school which in previous years ranked 2nd in maths. our tests are much more difficult than the actual hsc maths. i think they make their tests harder too.

Capt Rifle

HSC
Well, from memory the average ATAR at Ruse is around 99.1 or something. So, with a high scaling combination of subjects, you would probably need to be ranked in the top 55% of those subjects maybe to get 99.
Wow...

Capt Rifle

HSC
Wow, so like 99 percent of everyone in the state doing their hsc are seen as failures by them

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd put my money on the outliers being the token white kids.

Every time I played them for sport, I never saw a white kid. I think I saw one once when we played there, it was rather shocking.

I mean, when we played Baulko there was like 50 red heads that stood out. At ruse it was just non-existent.

In short ruse just scared me.
Baulko, not so much :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)