Just Wondering? (1 Viewer)

bradc1988

HSC
Ok with my Student/Concession card, does it really matter that I didn't sign mine? As I don't photograph well the person was to busy laughing to remember to get me to sign it before she laminated it, which I didn't realise until I got home.

So just wondering?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Take it back and get them to make you a new one, it's their stuff up, not yours. But no, I don't think it matters a great deal.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Those USYD cards are so cheap - its so stingy.

At MQ, its a big deal in final exams; they check your signature on your card against your signature on the exam slip.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
surely if the picture matches the face of the exam candidate that is enough MJ? :p

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
MaryJane said:
Those USYD cards are so cheap - its so stingy.

At MQ, its a big deal in final exams; they check your signature on your card against your signature on the exam slip.

:O i just scribbled anything!!! i dont really have a signature. im screwed arnt I :bomb:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Frigid said:
surely if the picture matches the face of the exam candidate that is enough MJ? :p
Yeah, you would think so, but a guy was pulled out of an exam because his signature didnt match it - he had to produce his drivers license and medicare card to those exam watcher people before he was allowed back in to sit the exam!

They take their work very seriously ;)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
he had to produce his drivers license and medicare card to those exam watcher people before he was allowed back in to sit the exam!

that's why they call themselves invigilators. ;)

"now students, you will make no attempt to request/receive assistance from others during the exam... OR YOU WILL BE INVIGILATED.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Ah, is that their technical name?

It sounds kinda odd, like the reproductive organ of a sea creature, or being strip searched... *shudder*, now thats a horrible thought!:p

bradc1988

HSC
Hm my picture looks similar to me, but I was using my year 10 photo as it's the least worst......yeah, least worst photo of me. But, I have grown my hair consideribly since. Hmmm...I might fix it one day.

Steph9

HSC
MaryJane said:
Yeah, you would think so, but a guy was pulled out of an exam because his signature didnt match it - he had to produce his drivers license and medicare card to those exam watcher people before he was allowed back in to sit the exam!

Seriously, they might as well have fingerprinting instead, cause signatures are easy to forge. What if you can get someone else to forge your signature so they can sit your exams? It's like having a credit card, I don't think my signature ever look the same every time I'm asked to sign.

ace

is retired
HSC
Considering you usyd'ers pay the most in student fees, you think the union could take some of that money and buy the uni a card printing machine. (Or hell the uni could buy a card printing machine, its not like they are in debt)

Its terrible to hear your cards are laminated, that would be so easy to duplicate/forge.

(Keep library person distracted, steal laminating machine, fake usyd id's easy ;))

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
ace said:
Considering you usyd'ers pay the most in student fees, you think the union could take some of that money and buy the uni a card printing machine. (Or hell the uni could buy a card printing machine, its not like they are in debt)

Its terrible to hear your cards are laminated, that would be so easy to duplicate/forge.
The card in question is not the Union's card.

The union card (the 'Access card') is just like all the other unis' ones. This means that it is in no way unique and therefore lacks any interesting quirks and details. Unlike the student card which, while old-fashioned, is (I believe) unique among the universities in Sydney. This gives it character and charm.

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
Signature on the card

I think it does matter. I don't think the library will let you borrow if your card is not signed, since the signature is your acknowledgement that you consent to being bound by the by-laws of the university (and the regulations of the library). I'm not sure what can be done though, other from getting one of the special 'I've lost my student card' replacement cards and asking the uni not to charge you. But they will probably say that it is your responsibility to ensure it's signed. Welcome to uni bureaucracy ...

bradc1988

HSC
ManlyChief said:
Signature on the card

I think it does matter. I don't think the library will let you borrow if your card is not signed, since the signature is your acknowledgement that you consent to being bound by the by-laws of the university (and the regulations of the library). I'm not sure what can be done though, other from getting one of the special 'I've lost my student card' replacement cards and asking the uni not to charge you. But they will probably say that it is your responsibility to ensure it's signed. Welcome to uni bureaucracy ...

My responsibility! Hm if they say that I'll be mighty pissed.

I'm trying to sign on the lamination but none of my pens leave any marks at all....hmm what to do what to do....

EDIT: I just dl the engineering guide thing and there's a thing in there that says "if your student card is not laminated or does not contain a picture it will be rejected" so maybe I'll be fine.

I was thinking I should just cut it open, sign it then relaminate it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)