• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Keep it in perspective (1 Viewer)

justme2

HSC
N/A
I have spent the last hour reading a lot of posts: I got on here to check for one thing but got sidelined reading other stuff. I would just like to pass some old but experinced wisdom on (not only am I a HSC teacher but I have 2 children, one of whom is in Yr 11):
1. It is admirable how hard some of you are working. However, it worries me that some of you are so worried about what happens with your HSC that I am genuinely concerned that some of you are going to make yourself physically sick due to the pressure you are putting on yourselves.
2. I would ALWAYS encourage you to do your best: now is definately the best time to get your university qualifications. But bear in mind that if you do not get the UAIs that you want there are ALWAYS alternatives! For example, a BA can be converted into a lot of things! Also, Newstart/Newstep can set you up brilliantly for university.
3.Your health is of paramount importance, particularly your mental health. NOTHING is worth a breakdown. If you feel yourself getting to that point, talk to someone!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
justme2 said:
I have spent the last hour reading a lot of posts: I got on here to check for one thing but got sidelined reading other stuff. I would just like to pass some old but experinced wisdom on (not only am I a HSC teacher but I have 2 children, one of whom is in Yr 11):
1. It is admirable how hard some of you are working. However, it worries me that some of you are so worried about what happens with your HSC that I am genuinely concerned that some of you are going to make yourself physically sick due to the pressure you are putting on yourselves.
2. I would ALWAYS encourage you to do your best: now is definately the best time to get your university qualifications. But bear in mind that if you do not get the UAIs that you want there are ALWAYS alternatives! For example, a BA can be converted into a lot of things! Also, Newstart/Newstep can set you up brilliantly for university.
3.Your health is of paramount importance, particularly your mental health. NOTHING is worth a breakdown. If you feel yourself getting to that point, talk to someone!
Great post.

We had a student faint before an exam because the pressure/stress was too overwhelming for him.

Apparently he downed 5 red bulls to keep up with the energy required for his study timetable.

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
tommykins said:
Great post.

We had a student faint before an exam because the pressure/stress was too overwhelming for him.

Apparently he downed 5 red bulls to keep up with the energy required for his study timetable.
Woah, that's hectic.

My counselor told me that when you're highly stressed, you use up more B and C vitamins, so you should take supplements to keep your health up.

bawd

HSC
tommykins said:
Great post.

Nuts. Not that I should be saying anything. I had a can of Red Bull and V before the Science SC because it was straight after the English(or was it Mathematics?) one (or the other way around, don't remember). It was not due to pressure however, it was because I didn't get enough sleep the night before because I was watching anime. lololol.

MarchOfTheDead

HSC
LOL you didnt need energy to stay awake during any of the SC exams(admittedly anime is quite gripping, if i was you i wouldnt have slept more than 2 hours once i got started). half my grade slept through half the exams, we all finished them so quick. i was quite proud to look around the hall and see half a grade of my snoring peers.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
LOL SC is NOTHING. you finish the exams an hour before they end then you can go home and play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)