Keeping fit during HSC? (1 Viewer)

CloudDeter

HSC
Over the past two weeks I've been busy with my trials plus study. As far as I'm concerned, I haven't really been exercising much apart from going out for some 30-60 minute walks in afternoon. And I've also taken a few lessons off karate to focus on my study. However I do have a small amount of time most days to probably put to good use for exercise.

It's probably a good idea that I need to build up my muscles (which are sore after last night's karate session) so they don't continuously get sore after every lesson (which they have been this year). I also need to build up my stomach muscles because in karate, cause having a good stomach (not sure if I worded that right) allows you to do situps and take a punch to the stomach while tensing hard without getting that pain on the sides of your stomach.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions where I could fit exercise techniques into my daily routine. Say for example I have 30-60 minutes of free time each afternoon which I could make good use of. I have a local park 200 metres from my house if that helps. Mainly want to build up leg muscles (calf and thighs, don't know the scientific names), arm muscles (have to do pushups in karate) and stomach muscles. Any suggestion/s would help thanks. :)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Over the past two weeks I've been busy with my trials plus study. As far as I'm concerned, I haven't really been exercising much apart from going out for some 30-60 minute walks in afternoon. And I've also taken a few lessons off karate to focus on my study. However I do have a small amount of time most days to probably put to good use for exercise.

It's probably a good idea that I need to build up my muscles (which are sore after last night's karate session) so they don't continuously get sore after every lesson (which they have been this year). I also need to build up my stomach muscles because in karate, cause having a good stomach (not sure if I worded that right) allows you to do situps and take a punch to the stomach while tensing hard without getting that pain on the sides of your stomach.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions where I could fit exercise techniques into my daily routine. Say for example I have 30-60 minutes of free time each afternoon which I could make good use of. I have a local park 200 metres from my house if that helps. Mainly want to build up leg muscles (calf and thighs, don't know the scientific names), arm muscles (have to do pushups in karate) and stomach muscles. Any suggestion/s would help thanks. :)
It's all about balance.

By the time you formulated this thread, as you wait for responses, reply to those responses and so on, one hour is already gone. In that one hour, you could've exercised.

Sometimes you have to realise that you can't have the best of both worlds. With the HSC, you are naturally focused on your study and so you may even subconsciously eat junk food as you're studying. It's normal to gain weight during the HSC.

Just try to do a bit everyday, but don't keep it in the back of your mind every second.

kittystar

HSC
This thread really should be retitled to "Not getting fat during the HSC"

Just don't eat junk food! That's my number one rule

It's all about balance.

By the time you formulated this thread, as you wait for responses, reply to those responses and so on, one hour is already gone. In that one hour, you could've exercised.

Sometimes you have to realise that you can't have the best of both worlds. With the HSC, you are naturally focused on your study and so you may even subconsciously eat junk food as you're studying. It's normal to gain weight during the HSC.

Just try to do a bit everyday, but don't keep it in the back of your mind every second.
You really know how to put things into perspective, suddenly all of the time I've been wasting when I could've been exercising is adding up in my mind... :/

CloudDeter

HSC
It's all about balance.

I'm alternating between BoS and study ahaha. But yeah I guess the HSC does take its toll. I still try find time for myself though.

This thread really should be retitled to "Not getting fat during the HSC"

Just don't eat junk food! That's my number one rule
Yeah I'm not really one of those people that snacks away subconsciously while study (unless I'm at the library eating sultanas and fruit lol). But when I'm at home I don't eat at all when I study, apart from getting up to have a drink of water every now and then.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I go for runs however I haven't really gone in the last 2 weeks because of trails

This morning however I reffed two games of football, about 2 hours in total. Ran a fair bit at varying tempos.

I would advise going for runs... if you're just starting off go for about 20 minutes and pace yourself, just jog the thing

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I go for runs however I haven't really gone in the last 2 weeks because of trails

This morning however I reffed two games of football, about 2 hours in total. Ran a fair bit at varying tempos.

I would advise going for runs... if you're just starting off go for about 20 minutes and pace yourself, just jog the thing
Trials!! What is with your trailception? Lol

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Trials!! What is with your trailception? Lol
Double meaning

Trials is like a trail.... seems like a straight track but it's freaking long and difficult

Only Y 12s in 2013 will understand. pfft :p

deloving

HSC

Abdominal. Sit ups are simple but you can't go wrong with them. They're really easy and effective. Do as many as you can. "I don't count my sit ups I only start counting when it starts hurting, because that is when it really counts" (or something along those lines huhuheuhee).

Plank and leg lifts are fun too.

You kind of answered your own question though, with regards of how you should keep fit. xd Running, push ups, sit ups, it all helps and are easy to do. Try organising your study around Karate and exercise, not the other way around. Plan Karate/exercise ahead and think "Ok, I will spare that 1 extra hour today to exercise no matter what."

j12onuzim

HSC
Its so hard finding the time to exercise with so much stress from school though. I personally tell myself to exercise but always find myself too tired to do so!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)