Ken Webb? (1 Viewer)

mckensara

HSC
ahhh webb! I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS MAN HE IS PRACTICALLY A GOD :D he managed to somehow transform me from a struggling history student to topping my grade last year in the HSC as i was lucky enough to have him as my teacher :)

putting my obvious bias aside, the books are legendary. the easy to understand essay plans answering commonly asked hsc questions will give you a huge advantage in your school assessments and are a great base to work from. I used other text books but i found that they didnt explain concepts as well as webbs, and arent as suited to the hsc format.

Ken Webb - Home - i PROMISE they won't let you down.
- especially world war one, its so compact and consice you wont need to pour over the overload of material on the subject
*edit* and history ext, for the love of god make your life easy for yourself and get this book (it was the only material i used and obtained better results than those who poured over other readings, trust me webb does all the work for you)

if you do nothing else, go to the history association lectures - History Teachers' Association of NSW Home Page, or any lectures by them really i found them really helpful, especially in comparison to the similar edassist ect

Last edited:

bored99

HSC
I had him last year for prelim and omg he's amazing and HE LEFT US FOR OUR HSC YEAR- a little bitter as much as I love him haha :|
marks have legit gone down 20-30%... :s
but yes his books are fantastic and are so logical and easy to follow and ACTUALLY FOLLOW THE SYLLABUS
so get his books and it will literally write your notes for you and tell you exactly how to get a band 6 essay, if you have trouble absorbing everything- go to the lecture and you just come out knowing/ understanding everything
God I miss that man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)