Key concepts of National study - Germany (1 Viewer)

Stuwy85

The essays will be on one of the folllowing concepts
-nationalism
-racism
-totalitarianism
-democracy
-militarism

so i was thinking we could have a thread where we gave each other essay ideas on these key concepts.

I wrote this essay on the impact of nationalism and it was the bigged pile of crap, all i could say was stuff about lebensraum and the supremacy of the aryan race, then i talked about machiavellian politics in the interest of germany, and the reversal of the treaty of versailles, expansionist foreigh policy and the restoration of germany to her rightful place in europe. I also talked about structualist and intentionalist points of view on expansionist agressive foriegn policy and the views on the final solution and jewish holocaust. Is this at all near the mark or am i still way off? what else should i talk about in an essay on nationalism.

Can neone help.

I think i have democracy down though. I talk about:
-the betrayal felt by german people, the right wing giving them weimar as scapegoat, the whole "november criminals" thing. -Then I had the Groener-Ebert pact which used the right wing army to put down sparticist uprising ensuring USPD and KPD never work with SPD despite being natural allies.
-The Hyper inflation as a result of passive resistance program led to alienation of middle class who lost their savings - middle class SPD's supporter base.
-The failure to restructure society, power elites: junkers industrialists, army still held power, education system indoctrinated right wing views, judicial system let right wing criminals go.
-The Kapp putsch where the army refused to intervene "Reichswer will not fire upon Reichswer" but brutally put down the red army of the Rhur uprising, showed government could not rely on army support in right wing revolt.
-punishment of red army = death punishment of Von Luttwig (organiser of Kapp Putsch) = retired with pension.
-constitution was poor due to proportional representation meaning political instability and large multi party coallitions. Emergency powers abused. To democratic for a country used to autocracy.

I think that about covers it for democracy hope it helps someone, but could one of you please give me a hand with Nationalism, thanks guys.

Ringo

for nationalism, I would say the partys involvement in Youth, Women, basically the entire Volksgemeinschaft......

You could put anything into a nationalism essay...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)