Keyboard Shortcuts when typing Mathematical Equations on MS Word 2007 (1 Viewer)

bawd

HSC
I've just started to complete my weekly MX1 assignments on the computer since we now get it digitally from the school; a mundane attempt to save paper in the Mathematics Department. Anyway, that's besides the point.

I'd like to ask if anyone knows any Keyboard Shortcuts or faster ways of typing up Mathematics work on MS Word 2007. I find it very troublesome to have to click Insert > Equation > Structures > Script > Subscripts and Superscripts to do a simple x^2 or fraction and like to save some time.

Help will be appreciated. :)

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
x^2 = alt + 0178
x^3 = alt + 0179

anything else, google it.

white ferret

HSC
just use the subscript/superscript button in home--> fonts. for typing fractions, go to insert --> equation, type a random letter, then go to tools (top left), and click professional. then u can just type fractions like 3/4 and powers typed x^2 and it'll convert it automatically. but i still prefer the normal, but rather tedious way of typing it up.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Can't you just go to the Insert ribbon and press the Equation button?

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
for subscripts use
'Control' + '='

for superscripts use
'Control' + 'Shift' + '='

hope i made sense

HSC
bawd said:
There's a furry on the front page :O

That said, I would like to say that LaTeX is a 500mb code that is usually intended for servers, for example Wikipedia - that's how Wikipedia puts equations on its pages.

The Word equation code really should do, or I'm sure there's a program out there (I've seen it in use) that you can use to type an equation in quickly then drag it over as an image into your document. Don't ask me what it is, I find writing all my Maths notes into a graph book the best for me.

Then again, I might start typing up all my notes during the summer holidays, depending on how much time I have.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
bored of sc said:
Wow. You get maths assignments!
Precisely my thoughts.

But if I am ever typing maths up on the computer, I just change the font size for subscripts :p

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
But if I am ever typing maths up on the computer, I just change the font size for subscripts :p
The problem with that is that you can't easily do fractions or square roots without it becoming hard to read. LaTeX and Microsoft Word 2007's equation function allow you to do this, plus a multitude of other mathematical notations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)