Kill off a topic. (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
If you had the ability to remove a topic from the Extension 2 Mathematics course, what topic would you remove?

hayabusaboston

HSC
Probably complex numbers because its the topic I enjoy least. BUt its still pretty good, just prefer the rest. Or maybe harder 3u, so we dont have to think about 3u in the back of our minds while doing 4u.

fishrushed

HSC
Harder 3u, from what people have said and from some questions I've looked at, they seem insanely hard.
actually, I'd probably wanna kill off any topic whose question appears in the last two questions of the HSC paper. So that's like nearly all the topics...

HSC
N/A
I would remove volumes, graphs, and harder 3U (probably put this in the 3U course?).

I would replace them with real analysis, differential equations and linear algebra.

I would make polynomials harder.

ayecee

HSC
Replace Conics with differential equations and move graphs to 3u, maybe even 2u.

Makematics

HSC
Agreed with the graphs. Chuck em into 3U. I dont necessarily think removing harder 3u topics would be a great idea because average 2/3u students wouldnt be able to cope with that type of stuff at all.

HSC
N/A
Harder 3 Unit. I'd sacrifice the entire topic just to get rid of circle geometry from the course.
What is so difficult about circle geometry? I know a lot of students who struggle with it but I think it is very easy. If you have done enough questions and know what to look for you can do even the most difficult questions in a few minutes.

braintic

HSC
N/A
As a teacher, I've found Conics to be the most pointless topic. It leads nowhere, has little to do with university maths beyond knowing the basic equations, and seems to be used merely to tests students' algebraic skills.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I am probably the only one who believes the extension 2 course is fine just is.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
No, there's not enough resources and staff to make it perfect.

iBibah

HSC
No, there's not enough resources and staff to make it perfect.
The thread is just to throw around ideas and opinions, not to produce a practical solution to be implemented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)