kim jong il has life threatening pancreatic cancer (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
In fact, there was no justification for the war except for the oil which the American capitalist pigs were dying to get their hands on. Of course, they used propaganda to hide this fact (alleged WMDs).

While the Americans would not receive oil from the occupation of NK, they would convert another marginalised country to their much beloved capitalist free-market ideology.
i dont see how you can claim 'America' (i assume you're talking about the goverment) extolls a 'capitalist free-market ideology', large amounts of capital is owned by public enterprise, and certain resources are not allocated via the 'free-market'.
anyhow, their mixed economic system would serve the north korean people much better than their current system, which revolves around senile dictators agreeing to refrain from agression in exchange for food aid, which maintains the proletariat in their malnourished and squalid state of servitude

Mormador

HSC
i dont see how you can claim 'America' (i assume you're talking about the goverment) extolls a 'capitalist free-market ideology', large amounts of capital is owned by public enterprise, and certain resources are not allocated via the 'free-market'.
anyhow, their mixed economic system would serve the north korean people much better than their current system, which revolves around senile dictators agreeing to refrain from agression in exchange for food aid, which maintains the proletariat in their malnourished and squalid state of servitude
The United States is one of the most capitalist countries in the world. They have little welfare and no equal funding of education. The US is also the only industralised nation that doesn't have a universal health care system.

America's economic system would serve North Korea better?! Why would you even believe that? When the Soviet Union collasped and the Russian Republic was formed, the entire economy fell apart too and millions of people sank into poverty. A similar thing would happen with NK. This capitalist system could only be brought about through occupation of NK by another country, e.g. US. War in this regard would bring huge damage to the country's infrastructure and large amounts of civilian casualties.

North Korea's poverty doesn't come from mismanagement by the government but instead it arises from the domineering pressure put on it by fanatical Western "democracies". The countless number of trade embargos sanctioned against North Korea has taken its toll on the country's poor populace. NK has no real allies and no trading partners due to the embargos which means that it has no way of buying food or other supplies in case of a crisis. No country is completely self-sufficient, especially small countries with few resources like North Korea.

A mere political quarrel between a small marginalised country and the imperialistic money-loving giant that is the US has resulted in the people of NK being subject to unnecessary hardship. The measly food aid that US have tried to send is merely a half-assed attempt to make themselves look like the good guys.

This is why Kim Jong Il has made the right move to develop nuclear weapons. Only through nuclear deterrence can North Korea hope to escape the shackles of Western Imperialism. The threat of a nuclear attack would be enough to deter the United States from adding another domain to their vast, poorly managed empire. This would also have the potential to remove trade embargos so North Korea can recover some of its prosperity. Nuclear weapons were also successfully used in this way by the Soviet Union and China to prevent US intimidation.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The United States is one of the most capitalist countries in the world. They have little welfare and no equal funding of education. The US is also the only industralised nation that doesn't have a universal health care system.

America's economic system would serve North Korea better?! Why would you even believe that? When the Soviet Union collasped and the Russian Republic was formed, the entire economy fell apart too and millions of people sank into poverty. A similar thing would happen with NK. This capitalist system could only be brought about through occupation of NK by another country, e.g. US. War in this regard would bring huge damage to the country's infrastructure and large amounts of civilian casualties.

North Korea's poverty doesn't come from mismanagement by the government but instead it arises from the domineering pressure put on it by fanatical Western "democracies". The countless number of trade embargos sanctioned against North Korea has taken its toll on the country's poor populace. NK has no real allies and no trading partners due to the embargos which means that it has no way of buying food or other supplies in case of a crisis. No country is completely self-sufficient, especially small countries with few resources like North Korea.

A mere political quarrel between a small marginalised country and the imperialistic money-loving giant that is the US has resulted in the people of NK being subject to unnecessary hardship. The measly food aid that US have tried to send is merely a half-assed attempt to make themselves look like the good guys.

This is why Kim Jong Il has made the right move to develop nuclear weapons. Only through nuclear deterrence can North Korea hope to escape the shackles of Western Imperialism. The threat of a nuclear attack would be enough to deter the United States from adding another domain to their vast, poorly managed empire. This would also have the potential to remove trade embargos so North Korea can recover some of its prosperity. Nuclear weapons were also successfully used in this way by the Soviet Union and China to prevent US intimidation.

In the last three posts of yours, you have already made me hate you.

Only Embargo's placed on NK is weapons and certain materials (Uranium). Its not as if America is starving them or anything, just making sure they dont get the right materials for nukes.

Mormador

HSC
That's not true. Check your sources.

By economically isolating North Korea, the United States has blocked access to its wealthy commercial markets, and it has also encouraged America's allies to do the same. In recent years this situation has placed tremendous pressure on the North Korean economy to acquire its goods from somewhere. Prior to 1989, North Korea heavily relied on Russia and China for economic aid, but since the dissolution of the Soviet Union, North Korea has received little to no assistance.
From Bad Subjects: U.S. Policy Toward a Nuclear North Korea

The White House pushed yesterday for aggressive new sanctions on North Korea, including measures to limit trade in military and luxury items
In the last three posts of yours, you have already made me hate you.
Obviously you've been so brainwashed by Western propaganda that you instantly make up judgements about people that believe in a different ideology to yours. Learn to think for yourself.

HSC
N/A

yea okay I realise you're trolling now........and if you're not.....yuk

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
That's not true. Check your sources.

From Bad Subjects: U.S. Policy Toward a Nuclear North Korea

Obviously you've been so brainwashed by Western propaganda that you instantly make up judgements about people that believe in a different ideology to yours. Learn to think for yourself.
I do think for myself and i only make judgements on other peoples ideologies if they are completely idiotic or immoral.

You can take which ever option you like.

Mormador

HSC
I do think for myself and i only make judgements on other peoples ideologies if they are completely idiotic or immoral.

You can take which ever option you like.
There is nothing wrong with my ideology. If you think otherwise, I'd advise you to say why. Otherwise, you are merely stating your opinion with no facts to support it and this is a fallacy.

Tangent

HSC
There is nothing wrong with my ideology. If you think otherwise, I'd advise you to say why. Otherwise, you are merely stating your opinion with no facts to support it and this is a fallacy.
What about the fact the NK has shut itself off from the rest of the world? Or the fact that the country is run by a dictatorship? Where is the freedom for the citizens?

Mormador

HSC
What about the fact the NK has shut itself off from the rest of the world? Or the fact that the country is run by a dictatorship? Where is the freedom for the citizens?
If you had bothered to read my previous responses, you would know I already addressed the first question. I will explain it again, regardless. NK hasn't shut itself off from the rest of the world but instead the United States and its allies have effectively isolated the fine country from the rest of the world through the use of trade embargos and diplomatic pressure.

The capitalist countries most likely feel they have a god-given (ignorant Christians) right to ostracise communist countries, especially small, vulnerable countries like North Korea. The US has also been trying to oust Cuba for the last 50 years, including trying to (unsuccessfully) assassinate their great leader, Fidel Castro.

Here's a question for you. Since you are so concerned about the freedom of North Korean citizens, I'd like to ask what you feel about the American occupation of Iraq. Surely since the capitalist democractic governments are so generous, effective and care for the freedom of its citizens, Iraq would be showing some signs of recovery? After all, a capitalist government is superior to a communist one and the US would gladly lend some money to support Iraq.

No... Iraq is in terrible condition. It is currently much, much worse than it was under the dictatorship of Saddam and the US isn't spending any money to fix it up. The only thing they are doing is drilling oil so they can spend the money gained on their greedy pursuits back at home.

Tangent

HSC
If you had bothered to read my previous responses, you would know I already addressed the first question. I will explain it again, regardless. NK hasn't shut itself off from the rest of the world but instead the United States and its allies have effectively isolated the fine country from the rest of the world through the use of trade embargos and diplomatic pressure.

The capitalist countries most likely feel they have a god-given (ignorant Christians) right to ostracise communist countries, especially small, vulnerable countries like North Korea. The US has also been trying to oust Cuba for the last 50 years, including trying to (unsuccessfully) assassinate their great leader, Fidel Castro.

Here's a question for you. Since you are so concerned about the freedom of North Korean citizens, I'd like to ask what you feel about the American occupation of Iraq. Surely since the capitalist democractic governments are so generous, effective and care for the freedom of its citizens, Iraq would be showing some signs of recovery? After all, a capitalist government is superior to a communist one and the US would gladly lend some money to support Iraq.

No... Iraq is in terrible condition. It is currently much, much worse than it was under the dictatorship of Saddam and the US isn't spending any money to fix it up. The only thing they are doing is drilling oil so they can spend the money gained on their greedy pursuits back at home.
NK still doesnt allow people to leave the country + didnt make itself many friends in the korean war.

You asked a question, then answered it, thankyou. I have to agree with bits of your answer, oil was a big reason to go to war in Iraq and people are suffering much more now than they were before the war. I think its sad that the wrld is driven so much by money (power), and not by the pursuit of happiness (i'm not niave, just idealistic).

The truth is that unlike iraq, NK do have WMD... not quite fully functional but they still have them. Taking into account NK's history with the rest of the world, America should be worried, and so should SK and Japan and any other country in the area, because they could potentially be bombed. Saying this, its stupid to think that because its usually fear for something that makes it happen (so NK will push America or China too far, America/China invade, seize land and take over NK etc. etc.) AND as you said before, that NK would be invaded by every other country on earth before they could say supercalafragalisticexpialadocious, though they could do alot of damage before being taken out.

It is the potential that scares then and drives the world to this action, as well as the greed for power (more power).

HSC
N/A
NK hasn't shut itself off from the rest of the world but instead the United States and its allies have effectively isolated the fine country from the rest of the world through the use of trade embargos and diplomatic pressure.

If you are indeed some mentally soiled baathist nostalgic, why don't you go and toil for you're 'dear leader' in one of North Korea's 're-education' facilities?....

Allthough, I do maintain the premise your just urping up this non-sense to get attention, and it's clear that you would never champion such prattle anywhere other than the internet.

Brontozaurus

HSC
Although, considering NK's recent habit of firing missiles in the general direction of Japan and the US, they aren't doing themselves any diplomatic favours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)