King Lear at Bondi Pavillion? (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Who has been to see this?
we're seeing it tomorrow

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Saw the Harlos one last year at Bondi...it had fairly minimal props, and a small cast. They also had a tendency to use slightly oriental themed clothing, overall I would say that they pulled it off fairly well considering the limitations, and that they did markedly better than some other theatre's with small sets.....that said it was far from enjoyable and I'm not sure if I have ever yawned so much in my life.

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
we are seeing this on the 28th, better be worth my friggen saturday

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i think i should have warned all of you...i saw it on the 7th, the very first day that they performed. the chicks weren't even hot. the monkey scene brought a huge wtf out of me.

HayleeKate

HSC
wrong_turn said:
i think i should have warned all of you...i saw it on the 7th, the very first day that they performed. the chicks weren't even hot. the monkey scene brought a huge wtf out of me.
i was there then too.. holy shit, i was devo, i travelled 7 hours to get to sydney to see that friggin show.. i could've acted it better myself!
Right on about the monkeys.. strange
The guy who played edmund played it alright, but not worth 14 hours in a bus.

Its got Japanese Kabuki influences, gets quite confusing during some parts as like 5 actors play every single character and never really change costume or anything much to indicate when they change character, except subtle voice changes.

I didnt know they wore vietnamese silk bathrobes in elizabethan england.

HayleeKate

HSC
the chick who played cordelia/oswald/everyone made me hate her so much.. i dont know anything about her but i was getting so angsty and frustrated by her.. she wasnt a bad actor i just HATED her.. arent we sposed to like cordelia?

HayleeKate

HSC
goza was the worst though.. it was hideous seeing her kiss edmund.. erk! they were completely incompatible in everyway... it didnt make sense, nor look good. erk!

a11y50n

HSC
Were seeing it at the end of the month.. not looking forwards to it tho.. meh.

currysauce, man ur a gun!!

richz

joe_m_2000 said:
R u serious?
yeah it was so boring
every1 from my school was falling asleep seriosly
we got woken up by the monkeys! and the drum in the storm scene! :chainsaw:
were u that school with the green school or the other one?
yeah the school with the green jackets ;)

rama_v

HSC
Our school went to see it on the 11th (Wednesday). I dunno what you guys are complaining about, lol, I thought it was quite good considering that they took a minimalistic approach. But anyway, I cant compare it to anything cause this is the first play ive actully been to...But our teachers said it was different from last year. Only criticism is Kent was not played well towards the end (I thikn the guy started to run out of steam because he play Edmund so well).

snowblack

bleh
HSC
Yea we're meant to go next saturday to to it but its so lame because our school said we cant drive ourselves there, that we would need a parent to pick us up and drop us. But the bad thing is, it finishes at like 11:30 so i dno if i ll go cos my mum HATES driving at night. Knowing my school, everyone will probably end up driving themselves there...maybe I should too
Do guys think its worth the effort to get there ?

richz

joe_m_2000 said:
ur school is really segrigated
from wat we saw when every1 went outside and we were lookin from the balcony...
All the asians were together, All the indians were together and the aussies were together
where were u? lol
lol yeah, i was with the asians :uhhuh:

richz

lol, i know it was no good, i think that was the same amt we paid :eek:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
HayleeKate said:
i was there then too.. holy shit, i was devo, i travelled 7 hours to get to sydney to see that friggin show.. i could've acted it better myself!
Right on about the monkeys.. strange
The guy who played edmund played it alright, but not worth 14 hours in a bus.

Its got Japanese Kabuki influences, gets quite confusing during some parts as like 5 actors play every single character and never really change costume or anything much to indicate when they change character, except subtle voice changes.

I didnt know they wore vietnamese silk bathrobes in elizabethan england.
my class went htat day as well. you must have seen me. out of the other group i was the onyl chinese guy. you can't have missed me!! or else... :chainsaw: decapitation!!

lol did you hear the noise that my class made?? :p

rama_v

HSC
lol. btw the play finishes at 10:15 and dont bother driving there it costs like 15 dollars for parking so you will have to get someone to wait by the gate oustide to pick you up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)