• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

King Lear ~ EACH yr/THIS yr will the question be DEFINTELY be or be related to...... (1 Viewer)

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Are the HSC KL q.s definitely related to readings/interpretations in some way?.....or COULD it be on ideas or values eg. chaos, sight and blindness or power?

The last 2 HSC q.s were all based on readings so I assumed we'll have similar q.s.......but my teacher said SINCE the past HSCs are on readings already then this yr's won't be but will prbably be on an idea...and we won't need to write anything about feminism, tragedy,christian blah blah. However, throughout the yr we've been concentrating on readings the most and I'm afraid this yr they won't ask n e thing on that.

I also argued against the teacher that EVEN IF they ask for ideas and values we CAN assume it's about or related to readings. I said they will IMPLY that it's on readings.

I thought maybe I could link ideas back to diff. readings even though questions don't ask for readings/interpretations DIRECTLY.

Am I wrong?
?????? Thanks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
don't u always have to write about readings? look at the bos rubric, i'm pretty sure that's what the whole module is all about, how klear has been produced and valued in different contexts or something. what would you mean by ideas? because i would consider feminism an idea, christian etc. ideas.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Ahh, I dunno....I'm just completely utterly confused by the entire King Lear module and what it's supposed to be about

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i reall don' tlike king lear

it's just about the play, and then what different productions have done with the play, when they have emphasised, that's how you get your different readings. one might emphasise power etc.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Here's the syllabus

Module B: Critical Study of Texts
This module requires students to explore and evaluate a specific text and its recepion in a range of contexts. It develops students understanding of questions of textual integrity.

Students explore the ideas expressed in the text through analysing its construction, content and language. They examine how particular features of the text contribute to textual integrity. They research other perspectives of texts and test these against their own understanding and interpretations of the text. Students discuss and evaluate the ways in which the set work has been read, received and valued in historical and other contexts. They extrapolate from this stuffy of a particular text to explore questions of textual integrity and significance.

Shakespeare:
Students explore its literary qualities and the ways in which readings are possible and imply different values that may be realised through different productions.
So, from that, yeah it does say ideas, although in the specific Lear section it says more about readings. If the question said ideas I would have just written about readings, coz I wouldnt have known the difference (and still dont).

Roors

HSC
well the main idea is to see the way different composers/people interpret king lear and the way they interpret the different ideas. So the ideas within the text could be examined...but its going to be asking about that one idea in different contexts like....different productions and different readings...
anyway im with u when i say "i hate this module"

Chelle

Originally posted by freaking_out
i heard, my teacher say that this is the hardest text/module for adv. english.:mad1:
Yeah my teacher said the same.. and judging by my results in the trial i'd have to agree with her.
Im stuffed in the viewing of productions.. ive only seen three. Do you think that will be enough? Do you think they will specify the readings that they want us to talk about?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Chelle
Yeah my teacher said the same.. and judging by my results in the trial i'd have to agree with her.
Im stuffed in the viewing of productions.. ive only seen three. Do you think that will be enough? Do you think they will specify the readings that they want us to talk about?
lookin' at the trends from 2001 to 2002, the hsc questions are getting more general...so i doubt that their gonna ask for specific readings.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Chelle
i think three is fine, i ahev only dne 2. they generally ask for 2, and then u can make a 3rd up anyway if u have time

arn_e

HSC
im just speculating....

BUT is they (BOS) has concentrated on readings and productions before, mabey they will focus on a paticular theme or characterisation this year in order to test all sections of the sylabus, if that is the case im funked

arn_e

HSC
im just speculating....

BUT is they (BOS) has concentrated on readings and productions before, mabey they will focus on a paticular theme or characterisation this year in order to test all sections of the sylabus, if that is the case im funked

Naji

the way i see it... no matter the question u can link everything in sum how as long as it has got to do with what ur talking about... its a 'critical study' dont forget... so be critical

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)