King Lear Hsc (1 Viewer)

chomp

HSC
Does anyone think they can ask about specific chracters in the play i.e. edward

I hope not... because all my notes are on the filial union etc b/w lear and daughters!

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Something like the relevancy or necessity of certain characters and scenes and whether they're worthy ... Like the Fool or the subplot etc

And this is where you'd highlight particular productions or views that emphasise your interpretation (was it applicable or essential for the play's structure, meaning and flow?).

edit: and btw I really hope you meant Edmund/Edgar.

Last edited:

metalheaven

HSC
Well technically yeah they can ask about specific characters, but they probably won't. One year they asked specifically about the characterisation of Lear himself but I think that's as specific as they'll be in terms of specific characters. Still I'd make sure to know plenty about the sub-plot and some of the somewhat more minor characters, just so that you're ready if they throw a curveball.

lmorris

they see me rollin'.
HSC
chomp said:
Does anyone think they can ask about specific chracters in the play i.e. edward
I hope you mean Edmund/Edgar............

munchkink8

HSC
My tutor (who is rather awesomely awesome) said to prepare for the following things:
1. Role of the daughters
2. Role of Kent/Edgar/Cordelia/Fool (but question won't just address Kent or someone as they are minor characters)
3. Themes of integrity, blindness, honesty
4. Role of "nothing"
5. Subplot

And then obviously you need a knowledge of the text. But they're the main things they're gonna ask perhaps. Just remember, if you've prepared enough, if you don't know how to answer the question, you haven't read it properly :)

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
'nothing'- interesting. i've told quite a few people i think they might ask a motif-focused question. sight, nothing, wheels, etc.

i think if they do want to be cunts and throw that stuff at us they'll make it a 'to what extent' question so you can still bring other elements into your response, as its quite horrible to expect people to dish out 1.2k words on, say, the role of the daughters.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

munchkink8

HSC
Yeah in that case, I'd say "while the role of the daughters has an integral part to my understanding of Lear, the characterisation of Lear (or whatever) is perhaps the strongest influence" and then you rant on about that. Just as long as you address the question.

bren20

HSC
munchkink8 said:
Yeah in that case, I'd say "while the role of the daughters has an integral part to my understanding of Lear, the characterisation of Lear (or whatever) is perhaps the strongest influence" and then you rant on about that. Just as long as you address the question.
spek :D

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
My money is on our personal interpretation, or the way our context has influenced our reading.

liam9519

HSC
Nahhhh itll be

Prepare a speech showing how texts can emotionally challenge us or some other thing texts can do

orrrr

Prepare a speech discussing Shakespeare's use of [THEME i.e. nature, blindness, etc] in KL.

put personal interpretation on the end of that maybe, but I doubt the word "Reading" or "context" will even be in the question imo.. but i hope so too lol

liam9519

HSC
PS my friend called the advice line and the lady said she thought it'd be the Fool.

BOOOOMBSHELL!

shanks27

HSC
haha not such a bombshell for me :p, my teacher, who has marked HSC for a while, told us to expect a question on any of the major characters, he also predicted the fool or he said the ending of the play alone or the role of the subplot with a focus on one of the characters. He even suggested we do a prac. essay on the fool role in the developing the plays meaning

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Bahahahahaha.
We were all wrong.
None of us saw it coming!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)