King Lear Interpretation ??? (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
I hav a speech on King Lear and i need to describe my own interpretation of the play and inspire actors

what type of interpretations could i use? i don't think i even have one of my own

Any help would be of use, thanks :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Each of the productions of Lear is a particular interpretation that has been brought to life - eg Eyre put the family reading to stage. Your task would likely be then to describe how you interpret and read the play and who you would use as actors in the scenes to fit your readings.

Your first port of call if you are unsure though, should be to ask your teacher - even if you think your question is stupid because its the smart people who ask all the 'stupid' questions that manage to excel.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
so different interpretations that i could do are....

feminist
political
family drama

etc

????

i just not sure, cos it says UR interpretation, and these are interpretations have already been done

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yeah stuff like that, i think the best one in my opinion os an aristotelean tragedy, there's heaps to write about that so you never run out of points. even family drama is excellent, likewise with feminist.

BigBear_25

HSC
Ur interpretation can incoporate elements of different readings. For example if some feminist critic makes a point u would like to highlight then u can use it. Or something AC Bradley said is valid. It doesn't have to be just one reading. Also ur interpretation doesn't need a name.

Ur interpretation could be how u originally imagined the play in ur head. Use these ideas and back them up with critics/readings. U could create something that is unique that noone has done before buut u have to show how this new interpretaion has been informed by other critic/readings.

Hope this helps. :)

clryan

HSC
does anyone have any queer interpretations on king lear.?? urgent

Teighan

HSC
do u mean as in homosexual, i dont know if there are any homosexual elements to the play...

fergust

HSC
I don't think there's much element of homosexuality in the play, maybe Kent and Lear, but that's stretching it. King Queer? I don't think so.

It could be true otherwise, if we were doing Othello.

EDIT* It might work, if you say that the men in the play are all misogynists.

tassone

HSC
they dont mean 'queer' as in homosexuality... its an academic interpretation of a text...
dude, id say there would be a queer theory interpretation out there, but we havent covered it; only spoke about it very briefly... sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)