King Lear Production Q (1 Viewer)

JosephW

HSC
Do we still need to put in productions in our interpretations? I had to for my assignment at school and have since taken them out of my essay notes. Should I study them and include them in my response?

danz90

HSC
lol everyone has conflicting views.
the general consensus is that the actual text "The Tragedy of King Lear" by William Shakespeare should remain at the focus of your resonse. You can still mention the readings/productions, to show that they enhance your personal interpretation of King lear - but don't put them at the forefront of your response.

BOS basically wants you to show them that it has been the text composed by Shakepseare that provoked your personal interpretation.. not the readings, but your interpretation could've been enhanced by various readings.

HSC
danz90 said:
lol everyone has conflicting views.
the general consensus is that the actual text "The Tragedy of King Lear" by William Shakespeare should remain at the focus of your resonse. You can still mention the readings/productions, to show that they enhance your personal interpretation of King lear - but don't put them at the forefront of your response.

BOS basically wants you to show them that it has been the text composed by Shakepseare that provoked your personal interpretation.. not the readings, but your interpretation could've been enhanced by various readings.

bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mention them to show how it has enhanced ur understanding/learning

its no longer a requirement as it had been in the previous years thats probably where the confusion lies.

it wont hurt to mention them but its not going to cost u marks if u dont. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)